Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Alfa GT

10K views 117 replies 21 participants last post by  GTVMAN 
#1 ·
Finally, Alfa has released more info and pics of the new Alfa GT:

Its based on the 156, with more less the same range of engines available.
More pics here.

See less See more
#52 · (Edited)
Thing is, that the cars they turn out today ARE great. I have the impression, that PSK, TZ, Nino etc insist to live in the past, and wont be satisfied with any new car from Alfa unless its a Giulia reproduction. It seems that you guys believe you have the right to define what a true Alfista is - and that someone who likes a FWD Alfa cannot possibly be. Well please, you have no right to judge us, and rule us out because we are enlightened enough to acknowledge new Alfas as great cars.

You know, times change, and so do cars. Please dont call Alfas current line-up cr*p - especially when you havent driven any of them. I dont think BigSwede or anyone here wants Alfa to make cr*ppy cars - you are just the one calling them that.

Oh, and TZ: I've been wondering: Why is it that you have the current Alfa badge in your signature - you know, that badge has never been on any of the "real" Alfas..... (take your own medicine):p

#53 ·
164QV said:
Thing is, that the cars they turn out today ARE great. I have the impression, that PSK, TZ, Nino etc insist to live in the past, ...

... especially when you havent driven any of them. I dont think BigSwede or anyone here wants Alfa to make cr*ppy cars - you are just the one calling them that.

Oh, and TZ: I've been wondering: Why is it that you have the current Alfa badge in your signature - you know, that badge has never been on any of the "real" Alfas..... (take your own medicine):p
Yes Jorgen, I am afraid you're true we all live in the past, and I am sure that we all want to remember only the past (and the glory days) and we are afraid of things to come.
Maybe we are something like the dinosaurs.

As for that we haven't driven any of new alfas I would like to inform you that my former daily drive was a A33, my father still got it, I have been driven any new Alfa presented the last decade and that's WHY MY DAILY CAR NOW IS A PEUGEOT 106 RALLYE.
Ciao ;)

Ps TZ after your medicine please change your badge with that. THE LAST ONE.

Attachments

#54 ·
Maybe we are something like the dinosaurs.
My 9 year old son came home from school yesterday and asked his mom: "Whats the similarity between dinosaurs and intelligent blondes?" - "They are both extinct!". (My wife is blonde, and my son learned how to run fast! :D )

The 106 Rallye is a great car. Actually - thats a true drivers car - no nonsense or superflous luxury. (I would've kept the 33).

#55 ·
164QV said:
.... (I would've kept the 33).
I intend to and make it a racer.

I hope TZ will change his badge because I really didn't like it. What about you? I think you also have to change Alfista to Fiatista!!! :D :D :D :D :D

#57 ·
164Q4: Hear, Hear!

Anyone that thinks the current line of cars are crap needs to drive tha cars before they chip in. I whipped a garage mates a$$ in pure acceleration the other day, he was driving his immaculate 116 GTV with a 3.0 conversion I was driving a bone stock 916 GTV 2.0 TS.
156 TSes regularly drive blazingly fast and whop older Alfas on the track days here in Sweden, I got my a$$ handed to me this sunner when I was driving the Alfetta I had at the time, lightened to under 1000Kg, ALL chassis mods including racing rubber and this 156 TS with lowering springs just outdrove me like I had a tricycle.

Please don't compare the current Alfas with the Fiats, they're a joke.
Am I an Alfista? Please, why do you attack me? :confused:

#59 ·
If I remember well, another cost-cutting same platform with Fiat Croma, Lancia Thema, ahh and Saab 9000CD. Nice, nice, very nice :D :D

"SemiAlfistaNino"

#62 ·
Unfortunately, the poetic yada-yada yaba-doo in my signature is Orazio Satta's words BACK IN GOLDEN '60s.

#63 ·
TAKIS said:
I have a question for everybody.
Has anyone of you inside AlfaBB read the book "THE ALFA ROMEO TRADITION" by Griffith Borgeson?
Please your anwser is important so that I can submit my opinion to this thread.
Dear Takis, I am really sorry but I have to admit that I have read it. :(

#65 ·
No Mats, you're not an Alfista. You added 16" wheels to your car! Arghhhh!!! Hmm and what about lowering springs... sheesh... truly not an Alfista....

My car is stock. :rolleyes: I'm an Alfista.

Oh wait, my car is a 162 ...hmmm that's like a mongrel car right?

#66 ·
Wow! What a heated discussion. New Alfa.....old Alfa. I personally think this is a very exciting time for Alfa. More new models coming out now than in a long time. I see that Alfa is reinventing itself. Establishing a broader line to compete with the other European manufactures. Seems like they are following in the footsteps of BMW and Mercedes with a very broad line of premium autos and a SUV......that really sounds like those German manufacturers...especially BMW. The broad selection of Alfas for the premium car shopping masses will most likely have them taking a new look at Alfa. I also see that Alfa is now, more than any time in the 70s, 80s and 90s, returning to their heritage. 8C....a true super car. The GTA returning. And according to the auto literature in the US, the 8C is looking to be on the showroom floor by late 2004/early 2005. And who knows what will follow. GTV based off the Brera. Seems to me that Alfa is on the come back. If you are lucky enough to have a piece or two of Alfa history in your garage, feel fortunate. If you are lucky enough to get your hands on the 8C, feel like you just went to heaven. I say just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Best Regards,
John M

#67 ·
The GTA returning or '60s GTA vs '00s GTA

John M said:
... The GTA returning. ...John M
Hi, John M

The GTA returning !!!!
Giulia Sprint GTA vs 156 GTA Sportwagon!! :rolleyes:

If I remember well the "A" of GTA means Alleggerita in Italian, lightened in English.
Giulia Sprint GTA aprox. 850kgs or less for racers
156 GTA Sportwagon 1850kgs!!! An ALLEGGERITA for the masses hahaha :D :D

Oh my God they're absolutely SIMILAR!!! hahahaha.

Attachments

#68 ·
Hey Nino:

How come you didn't post these pictures and discuss how the 8C and the Stradale share characteristics? :confused: I guess we can each find ways to support our point of view or bias. But I cannot help and look at these two pictures and see the obvious.....Alfa is on the way back. Just call me an optimist.:D

Best Regards,
John M

#70 ·
No comment, they're both fantastic :cool:

#71 ·
Sheesh!!

The emotions here are running pretty high, aren't they?

You know, I believe that we are ALL Alfisti and I will tell you why:

PASSION!!! That's why!

Please go back and read all the posts in this thread again. What you will see is that everyone has a very strong opinion about Alfa Romeo, the history, the marque, the mystiques, the myth and the reality! That is what makes us ALL different from those who buy Chevrolet, FIAT, etc...

My opinion? Time doesn't stand still...not for anyone! Whether you like it or not, things change. Alfa Romeo is a company that builds and sells cars...but many of those same people who design, style, engineer and market these cars are Alfisti too...and they always have been. They are, in my opinion, doing a pretty good job right now, and the future of the company producing great cars seems pretty bright to me.

Oh, and by the way, just so everybody gets the history thing right, let's remember that Alfa also produced some vehicles that were not very sporty throughout the same period that they produced the GTA, TZ, TZ2, etc: They built a truck (van in Europe - in various forms) which was used to deliver groceries, cars, and other stuff. They also produced a vehicle like a VW Microbus, a military jeep, several very under-powered diesel Giulia sedans, a few station wagons (estates), etc. Alfa even produced docile family cars in their pre-war heyday! And that tradition has continued into the introduction of the Giulietta series in 1954, the 105 series in 1964, and will continue in the future.

Alfa has a proud heritage, this is true. But that heritage is not just vased on their racing cars of the 1910-1971 period! It is based on the approach that Alfa has had to engineering, tuning, styling and building the cars. They are built with much of that same passion as you all feel. And they are still built that way.

Future Alfa Romeos will hopefully be faster, better handling, more powerful, better quality and more beautiful (and maybe even RWD!!)...I certainly hope so! But, just as they always have, they will also build small economical cars, diesels, family cars and yes, maybe SUVs and who knows??? More trucks?

In my mind, that's OK. And I am glad that all of you are so passionate about this whole question! It shows that the true spirit of Alfa is alive and breathing!!!! You are all infected!

My name is Alex and I am an Alfaholic.

Cheers,

#73 · (Edited)
Why is it that you have the current Alfa badge in your signature - you know, that badge has never been on any of the "real" Alfas..... (take your own medicine)
Dear 164QV,

I am sure that you know that this badge is being used by all Alfas from 1972 to today. So, some real Alfas has this badge on them.

P.S. Do you want to intoduce you my doctor...? :D :p :D

Attachments

#75 ·
164QV said:
Of everyone on this board, I thought you would be last I had to lecture on Alfa history........ please take a closer look at your GTVs grillebadge - and tell me once more thats its the same you have in your signature.
Jorgen,

Actually it's not my GTV....I don't have a GTV.
Ok, it's not exactly the same but it's very similar. In fact the changes from this badge to today's badges are minor. I could tell that they are design changes than substantial changes that represent any changes in Alfa Romeo's tactics.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.