Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Da Winta Beata!!

4K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  kornea2000 
#1 ·
Know I'm going to get a lot of crap showing you all my 79 Alfa Romeo Alfetta Mille Miglia. Running great. -5 yesterday and she cranked right over. Last day on the road is April 30, 2014, hope she lasts.

Tried to sell her 4 years ago for $3000.00, and the last guy that offered me half of what I was asking for, I looked him in the eyes and said I'll drive it to the ground! Well on it's 4th Vermont Winter it does show a little rust, but I think it's repairable?

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Regularity rally Alfa romeo

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Regularity rally Executive car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alfa romeo Executive car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Regularity rally Alfa romeo

See less See more
#5 ·
It was COOL to lay down the impression of my undercarrage as I drove through 6 inches of snow this morning up my driveway. It goes like Stink. Mechanically sound. Starting to hear rear mounts making some noise, but she'll last 5 months.

The passenger front fender is a reminder to ALL you Alfa owners to check that 12 inch
accelerator cable. Down shifted from 4th to 3rd Sharp curve released the clutch and the cable got stuck in the ditch!!

HMA I think you need some glasses. Playing in those smokie night clubs may have effected your vision.

Dragline I would drive it for as long as it'll last, but when I recieved my Last inspection sticker from a Buddy who goes very easy on my inspections told me this is the Last ONE!

Italcarnut you need any pieces once I'm done with her it yours. Just keeping the Drive Shaft and gear box.

#9 ·
Well 15 below zero yesterday, started right up, I was shocked. The car is very drafty, thank goodness I have 2 heaters running in the car, it makes it quite comforable. I'll write you woodearth when the time comes. 4 1/2 months to go! Will she make it? I'd rather be driving the other one next to her.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Regularity rally Sedan

#12 ·
New to site... Is this the infamous woodchuck JP? If so, I'm not surprised your Alfa treatment.
I bought a mint S. CA (sorry no rust) 91' 164. Only problem is it spun a rod bearing so I'm learning to overhaul Alfa engines now.
Almost ready to reinstall. Forgot my rule to never own a FWD car. Will see how this goes.
Merry Xmas .... GB

#15 ·
My son had a real nice creme colored 79 like that he drove many years. His friend ended up with it and last time I saw it there were even holes rusted through the roof of the car. Was a nice car but the cancer in the bad steel from birth finally did it in.

#16 ·
Da Beater still has the SPICA system. It was pretty hard to set it up for this type of weather. The MPG does suffer, and it runs bad in warm weather. I do use a heated Dipstick for a couple of hours before I attempt to start her.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.