Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Auto Italia Adelaide 2013

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  oz3litre 
#1 · (Edited)
Last Sunday, my wife, son and I, took the 159 Sportwagon, my 2004 GT and the 75 Potenziata to Auto Italia Adelaide. It was a perfect Adelaide Spring day and there were more than 150 cars and bikes in attendance. It attracted a lot of interest from the public. Italian food and gelati was available and we were entertained by Italian music through the PA system. The following are some photos from the event. You can see that our 159 was in good company.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Some more photos of this great event. The Maserati Sebring was the car of the show winner. I have watched it being worked on at my mechanic's workshop over the last couple of years. It has been on the road for about a month now. The owner bought it in very tired and rusty condition.

Attachments

#3 ·
A few more photos. They don't make engines that look like my 3.2 V6, or the Maserati any more sadly.

Attachments

#4 ·
Looks like it was a great day.

I was visiting my mother in Perth last weekend and there was an Italian Car day there too at which there was a Maserati Sebring (in red) - beautiful machine.

Lots of nice Alfas at Perth including a 1300 GTA which I had not seen in the metal before.

#5 ·
I was visiting my mother in Perth last weekend and there was an Italian Car day there too at which there was a Maserati Sebring (in red) - beautiful machine.

Lots of nice Alfas at Perth including a 1300 GTA which I had not seen in the metal before.
Good to hear there is a strong following over there. We don't get to see many of the Perth Alfa club members due to the distance. We do hear from some of them on the BB though. One of these days we plan to go over there. In all my years of travelling around Australia and overseas I have never gotten around to making the journey. The drive across the Nullabor always put me off.

#7 ·
Might have to show a car next year.
Yes, you definitely should. The more we get the better. It is a pity some of the Ferrari owners are scared of people touching their cars, or we would have more of them there. Still, there are plenty of just as nice cars to look at. I reckon our 159 Sportwagon got just as many looks as the Ferrari it was parked next to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.