Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Silverstone Classic 2013

Tags
gta gtv
2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Jacques-Pierre 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Thought you would be interested in what was lining up for the saloon car race....

D

Attachments

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
Good to see that car #74 made it back on to the grid. I was chatting to the owner and his mechanic in the paddock on Friday. Puzzling problems with the engine - the deep sump had been swapped for a normal shallow item, a high volume pump had been fitted, and for some reason (attributed to unusual heat expansion) the distributor shaft was pushing upwards after three laps and causing a misfire problem. The temporary fix was to fit a 20 thou shim under the distributor to anticipate the expansion, and hope for the best. I believe this car had spent many successful years racing in Austria and - unusually - I noticed a number of thin cunifer tubes inserted into the block (held in place by some kind of epoxy) at various points, but I could not fathom what was their purpose.

EDIT: Just checked my photos ... car #74 was not the one with the problem. Just looked similar. Apologies ...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.