Pictures Of Alfetta's - Page 4 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 05-22-2006, 11:42 PM
Alfa Romeo 4c Worshiper!
Gold Subscriber

Not exactly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldCloverLeaf
Wow Randy... that fetta is MINT!

Was it a one owner - lady driver for the last 30 years kinda deal?

This reminds me, i havent posted any pics of my fetta on here yet... will do that when i get home
The pictures are beautiful, aren't they. The reality is that the PPO, (previous previous owner) really gussied up a somewhat down at the heels Sedan. The PO drove her a little, and then just let her sit. The paint job is probably a home grown effort - very nicely masked, but masked none-the-less and with runs. There is in fact some almost completely hidden rust right where you'd expect: at the base of the driver's A-pillar under the windshield and the base of the passenger's C-pillar under the rear windscreen. The interior is petty good except for the missing A/C stuff, a somewhat slap-dash audio install, and a driver's door panel that needs a little TLC.

Still, for what I paid, I really cannot complain. Once I get the twinspark and a proper LSD transaxle in her, (and maybe A/C), I am going to drive her for a while. Then we'll see. I know that I will want to re-do the suspension and brakes. Then for the icing: really what she, and all the other Alfetta Sedans still in one piece deserve is a bare metal paint job with rust preventive of some description, followed by a completely custom made, although true to the spirit of the original, interior re-do. These cars are one of the most sophisticated small sedans ever made. At the time, Alfa was already too far behind the eight-ball of poor market perception to do justice to their genius vision the Alfetta represents. I am going to try to right that wrong.

I wonder if anybody knows who the Engineer(s) were behind the Alfetta?

"HAVE another cookie!!" - Don Corrado Prizzi

Randy's Italian Lot:
1978 Sport Sedan - "Cecilia", a rustfree Alfetta
1990 Mondial T Cabrio - Engine major service, climate control overhaul, and interior tune up still to go - Short is on it!!
1958 Giullietta Sprint. "G.Sprint" No holds barred. 3.0 Liter 12 Valve V6 and Verde transaxle just to get warmed up!
1976 Alfetta GT. Twin 45 Dellortos. Alfetta maintainence drug while Cecilla gets restored.
1978 Alfetta GT. Ex Keith Martin, and getting a nice set of Euro Bumpers along with the rest of the good parts off the '76.
ON HOLD 196x Lancia Flaminia Sedan - name and the rest TBD.

Ex:
79 Spt Sdn. "Griswold" and never-driven '74 Spider sold to Harry Riley
74 Spider "Isabel" traded for "Cecilia" Thanks Ric!
(Look at Isabel now: http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/spid...tml#post565887 !!)
1979 Sport Sedan Alfamatic. Traded to Wilbur for a very sweet bicycle - thanks!
All the parts cars chopped up or sent to Larry...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2006, 07:03 AM

The constant evolution of my 79 ALfetta racer continues. SInce the last time I posted any pics I have removed the rear bumper and removed 2 headlights and added brake cooling hoses. I have also been continually removing unnecessary interior bits to lighten the car up. It's currently at about 2480 lbs. Steve
Attached Images

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-26-2006, 01:00 AM
Alfa Romeo 4c Worshiper!
Gold Subscriber

Update!! History uncovered...

Well, well, well. I was doing some research for my Alfetta brother, Stacy, and look what I found: http://www.sportscarmarket.com/profi...meo/index.html

A gosh-darn article by Pat Braden himself all about my little old Sporty. Is that cool or what? Funny part is that, once again, Pat knew exactly what he was talking about. I paid a lot less, a LOT less for the car than it sold for on eBay five years ago. 'Course it's been sitting for the last 3 or 4 years, and shows it some. At least now I know that the guy who "refurbished" it had a clue what he was doing. (That's what Pat called it in a printed copy of an email that he sent to the PO.)

Well, as Pat makes it very clear, if you buy this car, don't put any money into it , drive and enjoy it , and don't ever plan on selling it , and you will be fine. Hey, two out of three ain't bad.

Randy's Italian Lot:
1990 Mondial T Cabrio - Engine major service, climate control overhaul, and interior tune up still to go - Short is on it!!
1958 Giullietta Sprint. "G.Sprint" No holds barred. 3.0 Liter 12 Valve V6 and Verde transaxle just to get warmed up!
1976 Alfetta GT. Twin 45 Dellortos. Alfetta maintainence drug while Cecilla gets restored.
1978 Alfetta GT. Ex Keith Martin, and getting a nice set of Euro Bumpers along with the rest of the good parts off the '76.

Ex:

Last edited by randyleepublic; 05-26-2006 at 01:05 AM.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:09 AM

Send a message via MSN to GoldCloverLeaf
Well heres my 1984 Alfetta GCL
Attached Images

Old 06-02-2006, 03:33 AM

what a stunning looking alfetta
Old 06-02-2006, 04:57 AM
Alfa Romeo 4c Worshiper!
Gold Subscriber

Mint? I wish.

Gee Gold Clover, you complement my poor rough edges 'fetta and then post pictures of that four-door Ferrari! Where did you get the front spoiler? How is driving with it - do you have to be hyper-cautious? What about those wheels? 4-bolt? Brand?

Man that is a sweeeet looking car! Well maybe someday mine will almost look that good.

Oh, I just realized what you mean by "6c". Huh? Why? Why not just buy a 75 if you want a 6? How is the handling and steering?

Regards,

Randy's Italian Lot:

Ex:

Last edited by randyleepublic; 06-02-2006 at 05:00 AM.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:02 AM

SteveMoon you 've done a great job.I really like your "little monster".
Can you post some details on the engine specs please?
Alfetta 2000L GTV 1978
Alfetta 1800 berlina (scudo largo) 1979
Lancia Beta 2000 HPE 1977
Lancia Thesis 5c 20v Turbo Emblema(la Berlinona)2003
Fiat Seicento Sporting 2003
Old 06-02-2006, 11:56 AM
usra be an admin
Platinum Subscriber

Remember when your red Alfa was actually red? I sure do. These pictures are of me and my Mom and dog with the car in August 1978. I was quite svelt, back then. How about that hair! or should it be maybe both? I was on my way back to Missouri for college. Shortly after leaving Denver, the car started making an awful racket. I stuffed a couple of socks around the stick shift and drove faster. That made it much more tolerable. I caught the eye of a Kansas State Trooper. Seeing him turn around and come after me, I took the first exit to get some gas. I took my time, drank a pop while smoking a cigarette and shooting the breeze with the attendent. Well, guess who was waiting for me on my return to the highway. Yup, no where to go accept right past the officer. We had a nice chat and I showed him how the racket decreased with increased engine RPM. He actually bought it! That was my first experience with drive shaft donuts but not the last with the law.
Attached Images

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/signaturepics/sigpic896_1.gif
Old 06-04-2006, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyleepublic
Gee Gold Clover, you complement my poor rough edges 'fetta and then post pictures of that four-door Ferrari! Where did you get the front spoiler? How is driving with it - do you have to be hyper-cautious? What about those wheels? 4-bolt? Brand?

Man that is a sweeeet looking car! Well maybe someday mine will almost look that good.

Oh, I just realized what you mean by "6c". Huh? Why? Why not just buy a 75 if you want a 6? How is the handling and steering?

Regards,
Thanks for the nice comments! The front spoiler is an item i got here in Sydney from an Alfa shop called Autosprint. He had an original 75 Group A racecar item modified to fit the Alfetta front, it bolts on to the original bumper brackets. The bottom section is removable (just held on by wingnuts) but i just leave it on, you have to be mindful of it but you never scrape it when driving, you just have to take certain driveways at an angle.

The wheels are called Diablo Racers, 18" with 215/35/18 tires. Bargain... AUD$1300 with tires, they are 5 stud 5x98 as i have GTV6 brakes and hubs.

I dont think i would bother putting a V6 into an Alfetta myself, but i came across this one advertised a few years ago, but it was unregistered and it needed a lot of work (body and mechanical). Over the last 5 years i have transformed the car into what it is today.

It used to have power steering fitted its an pretty easy job, just swap for a 75 rack, but it started to leak so I swaped back for now. The handling is just like a 75, its pretty much the same floor pan anyways, but a bit lighter, and better looking in my opinion! I used a black 75 carpet in the car because Alfetta carpets dont seem to be available and they always go a horrible faded brown colour as im sure you noticed
Old 06-04-2006, 05:22 PM

oh... and osso... nice short shorts man!
Old 06-04-2006, 05:50 PM

GCL - I never guessed your 6cAlfetta was that crazy!

osso - whats the little red sports car ur neigbours have? midget/sprite? sunbeam alpine? I cant quite make it out.
Old 06-04-2006, 06:02 PM
usra be an admin
Platinum Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldCloverLeaf
oh... and osso... nice short shorts man!
Hey, it was a long time ago. Those were in style back then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by py105
osso - whats the little red sports car ur neigbours have? midget/sprite? sunbeam alpine? I cant quite make it out.
I think it is an Alpine. The photo is from 1978. Both the car and the owner are long gone.

Old 06-04-2006, 06:09 PM

Has anyone driven a Sunbeam Tiger? Perhaps the ultimate 60's sleeper.
Old 06-04-2006, 07:08 PM
Alfa Romeo 4c Worshiper!
Gold Subscriber

Thanks GCL

Thanks for the notes on your car. Make me all the more determined to finish my refurbishing of the black sedan.

Osso: I read most of your Spider Story. Great stuff - thanks for sharing all those little tricks. One glaring omission - The hi-res photo essay of the finished product Come on buddy, we want to drool, those thumbnails under "My new car" just don't cut it.

OK, now let's get back on topic here; where are the 'fettas? Please don't tell me that this is it!?!

Randy's Italian Lot:

Ex:
Old 06-04-2006, 08:01 PM
usra be an admin
Platinum Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyleepublic
Osso: I read most of your Spider Story. Great stuff - thanks for sharing all those little tricks. One glaring omission - The hi-res photo essay of the finished product Come on buddy, we want to drool, those thumbnails under "My new car" just don't cut it.
There is more there than just the tumbnails. Click on the thumbnails to open a larger picture. If you have a popup blocker, hold the ctrl key down when you click.

Tags
automatic sport sedan, engine swap

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.