Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Post a pic of your stereo!

5K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  SLCQuad 
#1 ·
Here is what I installed in my ´75 spider after an extensive ebay hunt:

A ´76 Becker Monza Casette Stereo.

Even though the radio was designed for the contemporary Mercedes interior (you can tell by the shape of the knobs), I think that the chrome and pinstripes match well with the gauges.

The radio itself isn´t working, but the tapedeck is functional. I still have some old tapes, but you can also put an adapter in and listen to music from your ipod hidden in the glove compartment, if the need arises.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Sorry for the cheeky reply but couldn't resist. :)

I am planning to mount a Bluetooth compatible head unit in the glovebox (which will enable streaming from iPhone/Android/etc). I feel like this gives me the best of all worlds - infinite music options (and nav audio instructions from Google Maps) plus I can keep the beautifully scripted Pininfarina badge on my dash.

Attachments

#3 ·
i installed a nakamichi head unit.

even though it is aftermarket, i think it looks period correct.

Attachments

#5 ·
just starting

gm 6 disk in dash changer, 2 nd photo..infinity amps, and crossover. and speakers, this is just the head unit ritting, need to trim some aluiumn,, then do a faceplate.. the goal here is to make it look 'stock' not after market, fit..

Attachments

#11 · (Edited)
Custom Autosound Stereo

Hi guys!
I love driving while listening music, but I never had a chance to get both classic looks and decent sound quality. But (quoting Jeremy Clarkson) I went on the internets and I found this:

That´s a Custom Autosound stereo, model USA4-DIN. It has a classic 60´s/70´s stereo look, but has an inbuilt CD player, USB port and SD card port. I hid four pioneer coaxials on period correct speaker covers and voilà! Classic looks and decent stereo to listen to some good ol´rock and roll. Obviously is not a audiophile system, but it fulfiled my need to listen to some music when the sound of the engine was not the better soundtrack (if you know what I mean...) Anyway, here is another picture of it:

This particular model is suitable for cars with a cut out dash. But the guys at Custom autosound offer options for cars that have only the spacefor the radio knobs, and even thos cars that originally don´t have a stereo. They offer a solution much like Sandy´s suggestion, that goes inside the glove compartment and plays bluetooth, SD cards and USB pen drives. Guys, I don´t work for them but my family has a fair amount of old geezers in the garage and, little by little, we are migrating to those pieces of equipment. Their website is worth a look. http://www.casmfg.com Like I said before, having a decent stereo and great looks together is to good to let it pass!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.