Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Why we do it.

2K views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  Charles Berman 
#1 ·
It's about that time of the year when a lot of Spiders go into hiding for the winter; often with a pending repair. It's cold in that garage and it's hard to get the motivation to get out there and 'fix 'er up' particularly when spring and driving season is sooooo far away.

Thought I'd try to start a thread devoted to reminding us exactly why we go to all the trouble of owning 25, 30, 40, or 50 year old Alfas. Here's my contribution:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Speedometer Gauge

See less See more
#4 ·
Because we can!

#9 ·
Nice 125 Jim, a rare sight these days. I have in my hazy past had a 124s sedan, 125s sedan, a 130 sedan. You sure can see the DNA between the models. Still have my '69 AC 124 sport.

Mind you I emigrated to Alfa thereafter, and kind of stayed with them, albeit that the other half has a 3 series E36 318is. In a way the sort of car Alfa probably should have made to continue with the Giulia/Berlina theme. Perhaps the 75 kind of was that, and again perhaps the 156 sedan, though it would have been really interesting to see what it was like if it came in RWD.

Anyway I digress, I have both Pete, an 03 156 Sportwagon (which currently is giving me some grief with an undiagnosable problem - **** engine management sensors failing etc), plus my 105s. I like them all.

No pictures to post doing the why we do it, but for me, it is all about the pleasure, oh and occasionally frustration. Give me all of this anyday over having to drive whitegoods.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.