Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Run to Charlotte

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  richii33 
#1 ·
Greetings:

Needed efficient transport from Connecticut to Charlotte, NC and back last week. Decided the Black S4 would be the proper tool. Honestly, I had expected some top-down weather on the Blue Ridge, but not to be, with temperatures rarely breaking 60 and frost-on-the-pumpkin nights.

Photos here leaving home; stopping by Dominic's; on 81 in south-central PA; instruments running at speed in the evening in VA.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Each direction was a two day event. Photos pick up on the 2nd day, dropping out of VA into NC; @ hotel in Charlotte; frolicking with a slightly larger Tonka toy in a big sand box; chasing Spider shadows through a Carolina Bay; and on the dash: the secret to my sanity - noise-cancelling headset driven by favorite playlist.

Got to test out my new iPhone maps system and turn-by-turn kit. Too bad Google decided to withhold this technology from its IOS users. Their loss, as the Apple replacement application work flawlessly for me. It even banks the routing imagery so as to continue uninterrupted when running in no service areas.

Eight day trip, and averaged 30.5 MPG. My little alfa (157K) ran flawlessly, whipping along the interstates at 70+ for hours on end.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.