Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Alfa Romeo 2000 Spider Veloce 78´.... JUST HAD TO SHOW!! :D

3K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  broken857 
#1 ·
Hi all Alfa-istes, around the world

Just had to show my new Spider, witch i switched in with my GTV last monday. Its a great car, love it absolutely! Though I have a question about it! It has a bad habit of "jumping out" of 1th gear? common problem anyone? Else no problems at all..

Lots of greeting from Denmark
Niklas

-------------
Niklas Walentin, Violinist
18 years old
Cars owned:

A R 2000 GT Veloce 74 + Weber Carb & GTA Exhaust

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Cool car ! Re your first gear problem...it could be something as simple as a misalignment of the centre console...and the gear lever interfering with the opening in the console in the 1st gear position. Has the transmission mount been recently replaced ? I notice centre console has some non-factory 'wood' trim added - perhaps this is not helping or is adding to interference with the gear lever ?
Nice steering wheel, BTW...

#5 ·
#7 ·
Chiechow: Thanks for the info, I need a new padding for the glovebox lid in my GT1300 Junior, will try scarb.

Niklas: Hej, nice car and nice to see more danes on the BB :) If not already a member, you really should join the danish Alfa Romeo club. They have sections for different type of Alfas, and there are a lot of very knowledgeable people willing to help you.

#10 ·
Hej Niklas
Yes, I'm planning to get my GT1300 Junior out and participate in the Autumn Run, but it will be at the one that takes place oct. 6th. starting at the Strøjer Collection near Assens. I guess you were thinking of the event in Roskilde oct. 7th? Although we both are danes, I'm writing in english. After all it's an US based BB, and it has always annoyed me when people are writing in italian or spanish - languages that I unfortunately do not understand. :eek:

Best regards
Jens

#11 ·
Nice Spider. Is the rear bumper from an early (1970-71) kamm tail? I thought that the license plate lights were mounted to the body as opposed to the bumper on the 2000 models. Also the front markers look like they are from the north american market. Did they come like that in other markets?

As for the 1st gear, its probably the after market trim around the console.

#13 ·
Hi howndog.

My car is a bit of a mix, US original but got to DK in 2000. Was naught of an Italian guy who wanted some more European stuff on it. This aftermarket console I Realy don't like, and a lot of other things. I'm thinking of getting of all the un-original aftermarket-stuff and keep it still as a mix of US and eu, but just not with random aftermarket things.

So it might bee that it is a kamm tail.. I'm still researching in it!

Thanks a lot of the post, and the spot !

Greetings Denmark :)

#15 ·
My car is a bit of a mix, US original but got to DK in 2000. Was naught of an Italian guy who wanted some more European stuff on it.thanks alot yes you are on to something there. Last year transmission and gearbox were replaced. same time, this new middle console were put in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.