Alfa Romeo Forums banner

30th Aniversary with our same Berlina

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  PSk 
#1 ·
We love our Alfas. We just celibrated our 30th Anniversary driving our 1969 Alfa Same Spouce (Diane and I),Same Place on our honeymoon(Callaway Gardend,GA), Same Alfa (1969 Berlina).
Alvis III

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
I bought it in the early 1970's. It ran with new battery. It was sitting at a neighbors house in the driveway. He did not know what to do with it. I offered $150 and he took it. It did need a head gasket later. My second rebuild since I was 15 years old with my MG midget that I paid $100 for. I did it. She ran like a champ. Then later I had a main bering spin. I had the engine rebuilt by family friend. It spun again. I had a top mechanic in Georgia Paul Spruell rebuild it. I have a great story over the years. My wife loves our Alfas and even did not mind the heat without A/C this 30th together again in the Berlina. The Berlina is real comfortable ride.We made it home with a small setback. We loved the Golf Cart at Callaway Gardens,Ga.

#11 ·
I bought it in the early 1970's. It ran with new battery. It was sitting at a neighbors house in the driveway. He did not know what to do with it. I offered $150 and he took it.
Heck it was only a few years old then!!! ... surely an absolute bargain. You lucky b@stard.
Pete

#12 ·
In 73 a car that ran is worth what you paid for it. If you were selling a car with flat tires,body damages and needed work that you did not have the money for. You let it sit or sell it. It sat in the driveway for several years. Then I approched him with a offer. I probably have around $18,000-$20,000 +. in this Berlina. To tell you the truth I still have many things to do to it. I have the door seals from Reoriginals to put in. I finally bought a sending unit from Centerline before this trip. Now full is full and empty is ?(at this time).
But, We love it and now it is a Ride not a daily driver. We love our 69 Berlina and still will after we replace the water pump. This Alfa has always kept her carport place in our house.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.