Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Alfas at Sonoma Historics

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  jg1053 
#1 ·
I spent a weekend recently at the Sonoma Historic Motorsports Festival, and enjoyed seeing some very special racing Alfas in action. Although I've been to the Monterey Historics several times, this was my first to Sonoma for the Historics. Good weather, first rate facilities, a good turnout of cars, and small crowds made for a perfect weekend. It was a photographer's dream. :)

See less See more
#6 ·
Those are great images. Thanks for sharing. As Jim says, you are lucky fella!

#7 ·
Thanks for the kind comments. I was there only as a spectator, but the charm of these historic events is being able to get real close to the cars, owners and drivers, as you can see below. I think those of us in California are truly spoiled by 2 beautiful tracks and a bounty of locally-owned historic cars.

A few from Monterey last year:

And one of my favorite shots of the weekend:

#8 ·
Just looking at the photos once again the quality of cars blows me away. However, it appears these events have the same "feel" the world over. Phillip Island historics has a similar line up of cars and the way owners, drivers and enthusiasts mingle and are accessible and always willing to chew the fat regarding their cars with any one, puts us all into a large fraternity with similar passions. Even the people look the same.
Peter Giddings is a regular competitor here in Australia with a number of other owners of significant cars from all over the globe.
As Louis Armstrong was known to say "it's a wonderful world"
Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.