Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Series I Spiders - Photo thread.

116K views 412 replies 89 participants last post by  Legin 
#1 ·
We owners of Series 1 Spiders are being shown up by the Series II youngsters. I think it is time we corrected this and, as one of the newest Series I owners, I m happy to start. We have got a long way to go to catch up to the Series II owners so start posting away.

I got my car on Friday and took it for its first drive on Saturday. It was a beautiful autumn day in Sydney, ideal for top down motoring and taking photos of my new best friend.

Shortly after I took these photos, I was approached by a woman who asked if she could photograph her daughter next to my car. One day old and already being used for a fashion shoot:D

The world is definitely a better place behind the wheel of a Spider. People smile, give you a gap in traffic, talk to you about your car, etc. Gives one a good feeling.

See less See more
Reactions: roadsterswap
#2 · (Edited)
These are a few shots of my car the day after I got it too......Poor quality from my phone I'm afraid.......

I have to agree with Charles, I've never been so popular since I got this...........wish I was 25 years younger!

Attachments

#56 ·
Series I

Hi Derek,

I was just "Window Shopping / Looking" at some of these pics. I can`t believe you have`nt got a ton of "Wow`s" with the "E-Type"! I`ve owned 4 E-Types over the yrs. and would give anything to have a "Series I or II" E-Type again. My last acquisition was a "Titled `62" which was actually a "`61" with "Side Bonnet Locks, Flat Floor & Welded in Louvres" (VIN # 875190). That was about 5yrs ago.

Have fun with Both your Toys.

Russ

#3 ·
Great idea !
Here's my early '67 under assembly and on its first outing to our local Cars & Coffee.
Have had many happy miles since then !

Attachments

Reactions: Biren Bose
#6 · (Edited)
Here's my '69 1750 - owned her since 1977 and back on the road after 31 years of "resting".

The window crank and grab handle on the driver's door have both now been changed to the correct type!!

Also - the front side markers have been replaced with genuine Carello units (as per the last picture)

(I bought red Carello side markers and replacement orange lenses from the US and put together some "NOS" front markers)

Attachments

#7 ·
Here's mine over the years. At Southwick Beach 2012, Pixley Falls, 2009, On an outing with Jim in Aurora 2010, and after my motor rebuild 2011. Had to take the picture of the motor while it was still clean:D.

Attachments

#8 · (Edited)
OK, I have to throw my hat in the ring. Most of these pics are on the BB here somewhere, but not all in one place. I've had this car for 26 years. It started out pretty rough, but even then it was a blast to drive. Always a work in progress, but it has never left me stuck on the side of the road and I don't hesitate to drive it anywhere.

Attachments

#12 · (Edited)
Series 1 Spiders - Osso di Seppia

Charles, you inspired me to pull mine out today (after it hiding out in a corner of my studio for over 12 months ) Congrats on your purchase ( I heard you were looking for a while ) I think you bought the right car . Many years of happy motoring and hope to bump into you on Sydney's roads some time.

Frank .

Attachments

#14 ·
2nd Owner since '75

Stock US-spec 1750 Spica, 4.56 LSD, W&D street spring package, Koni CLassic shocks. She sat two stretches (~ 8 years each, and I paid) but always garaged and in fine shape all around. Needs painting now but all else is okie dokie. She has the correct round chrome mirrors now and a new rear drape. One from wayyy back also, Fall 1975, Lake Shasta.

Attachments

#15 ·
I've posted these before, but it is nice seeing all the series 1's in one place. Stumbled upon the green one on the internet somewhere, so thought it would be a nice addition to the thread. Hope i'm not violating any copyrights:rolleyes:

Attachments

#17 ·
1967 Duetto - White over Red

Greetings:

Great to have a Series I thread! Here are a few shots of my lovely 1967 Duetto. We will be attending the Toronto Convention in the Duetto, including the Pretour starting in 2 days! Quite a workout, but I trust she is up to it.

Attachments

#19 ·
My principessa is as snug as a bug in a rug

This thread is coming on great but we need lots more people to post photos. Keep them coming!

Here's one of my princess with her new indoor cover on. It is winter here in Sydney and it's cold you know:D

#30 ·
Bump

C'mon BBers, there has to be more Series 1 Spiders out there. Please keep posting!