Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Alfa as Art

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Superflow 
#1 ·
The spare lid at rest.....

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
thx guys... I'm sure you've seen some real auto art out there. I remember a restaurant in Ukiah, CA that had a 32(?) Ford Coupe... 'deli' sliced left side.. entire side.. maybe 6-8 inches attached to a wall. the drivers door worked and let you into a room.
The classic Cadalliac art in the ground along a Interstate, a Porsche 550 on some rich guys wall or ceiling, etc.
I''ve always threatened to have a second living room to drive one of the cars into.. but Robin always looks like she'd kill me with a butter knife or starts to pack when I bring that up.....
So.. I was thrilled when she helped me hang the lid and liked it.. We're going to do an angular left front fender/hood/partial door thing next winter...either with the donor Spider or a donor Citroen DS... in my spare time...

#7 ·
.......I''ve always threatened to have a second living room to drive one of the cars into.. but Robin always looks like she'd kill me with a butter knife or starts to pack when I bring that up.....
Just tell her that the house that Forest Bueller was filmed in and originally designed to house cars, generated tons of free publicity in the news media when it was put up for sale last year! I think she would like that!

#6 ·
Very nice!
I had the left front fender from a Rover 2000tc mounted to my living room wall for a number of years as a single guy, until the new Mrs. removed it for 'cleaning' and somehow it never made it back....

Being a trunk rack fan, I like and I am curious about the brand of rack affixed to the lid. Any info?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.