Alfa Romeo Forums banner

GTAm to dream!

9K views 26 replies 13 participants last post by  Bellalfa 
#1 ·
Today I went to a friend and in his garage ...

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
Well presented and looks great, especially in that garage setting!
Hard to know if it's a replica or real, although not much that's really original GTAm in the engine bay. I suspect that the 35,000km reading on the dials tell the story. Would be interesting to know chassis number and background though.
Rgds, Vince.

#11 ·
It is not a replica, all original.
He has all the Autodelta documentation.
Bought used, never raced.
I'm sorry, I don't have more information.
The owner is an old racer, before GTAm, he raced with a Giulia SS, that has destroyed in an accident in 1993.

Attachments

#13 ·
Hi, Currious that a GTAm would be "never raced", so does that mean a custom build by Auto Delta for a special customer (I think that happened) that never got around to racing it or never intendered to race it. Also currious about the High mileage on the Odometer.

Maybe you could ask the owner to share the history and serial number with one of the registries if not this Alfa BB. That would be with Olaf and/ or Martin. Or you and I could discuss by PM or e-mail in private.

Thanks for sharing these pictures. And BTW your English makes good sence.

Ciao

Ken

#14 ·
This is what the owner told me.
Purchased from a collector, it was not used for racing.
I will try to request more information, but I think it will not say much to me.
In many years I know the owner, was the first time I walked into his garage!
I'll let you know.
Ciao.

#16 · (Edited)
Hello Toti and members,

Thank you for the pictures.
I am curious as to the history of this GTAm.
Please tell us more if you can.

Here is the website of Scuderia Targa Florio
Scuderia Targa Florio

Ciao, Olaf
Hey Olaf, why don't you e-mail Michele Miano (contact info on the Scuderia Targa Florio web site) and see if he will talk to you about it.

I have had pretty good luck making contact with old timers and their willingness to talk about history.

Ciao

Ken

#17 · (Edited)
2 action pics of this GTAm from Scuderia web site. And 2 GTA pics. Is it 613883 Monzeglio Squadra Corsa??

Ken

Attachments

#22 ·
Hi Toti thanks for the additional info and pictures.

This GT looks to be an early (1968 or 1969 Build) 1750 USA Chassis based on the 15307XX serial number and the booster for floor pedals. So a build date of 1971 as in the FIA paper is not likely unless that is the Auto Delta build date.

An email by the owner to the Alfa Document Centre at

CentroDocumentazione@AlfaRomeo.com

with a picture of the car and the serial number will get the owner info on when Alfa thinks they built the chassis, original colours and where and maybe to who (could be a dealer or Auto delta or importer) car was sold.

FWIW

Ken

#26 ·
Hi,

Lovely car, please could you let me know what suspension set up he has and what GTAm wings he used and where from,if it's a replica, so I know how to get 'that look ' !

Thank you

Craig

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.