Alfa V6 sports racer

3K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  philiprambo 
#1 ·
- afew more photos of the car.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Alfa V6 Speciale

details of the interior, dash, etc. The winshield is low. I cut id down so I could see over it. Good for the track, but not so good for the street.

Attachments

#6 ·
Hi- it has a stock 2.5 motor (with headers), so it has maybe 170 hp. Nice thing though is it weighs 1720 lbs. and is within 8 lbs. of 50/50 with me in the car. Eventhough the tires are quit old and hard it is like a go-kart in corners.

It needs some balancing: front springs are stock Milanos (too soft) and rears are Ohlins with 175 lbs/in. springs. Shocks and springs are too stiff. So next move is new coilovers for the back and redo the front suspension and move the Ohlins to the front. Think this ought to help.

I'm assembling another motor right now which will be a big improvement over the current one. -don't like seeing Caymans pull away from me on the straights!
bye

#8 ·
I wish you the best of luck with it all !!

It really is a special looking car, hope you can get it - just as you want it !! You will have to post up a vid of it racing sometime ;)

#9 ·
If it's any consolation, that was always my dream too. A race car for the street. Now I have one. I'll share a few thoughts: It's noisy-really noisy, even with a cat. converter and small mufflers. The back end has the suspension of a go-kart. I have a good back, but I still have to shimmy my way up the seat when I come to bridges on the freeway because sometimes we actually take off! - Landing has no forgiveness. Lastly, a while back I hit a manhole cover and damaged a flex joint in the pipes. Somehow fumes are being sucked up into the passenger compartment. Feeling, hearing, smell, overload, plus oxygen deprivation makes for a memorable ride!

Yesterday I went to the La Jolla Concours (about 30 miles each way), and got a headache that is just now going away. Granted these are all solveable problems and I plan on fixing them. I guess it's all part of the fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.