Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Purists, avert your gaze: Alfas @ 24 hours of Lemons

3K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  Billiam 
#1 · (Edited)
I drove the Spider up to Sear’s Point (Infineon) to wrench on a friend’s Lemons BMW last weekend and while they were circulating I tried to photograph every Alfa I could find; Lemons cars, drivers and the “real racing” Alfas that were testing on Friday. You’ll be able to tell the difference… Her's the first 5, enjoy.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
That's our #75 East Coast Milano, with yours truly looking confused at the rear.

Saturday was interesting with all the rain, the LeMons crew has never seen so much carnage. They actually gave up using black flags near the end of the day and just started tacking penalty laps onto offending teams. Sunday was really nice.

We finished #15 out of 172 cars, had a nice clean race and were pretty much trouble free. Our only glitch was the drivers side wiper arm coming loose!

Nice pics!

bs

#4 ·
Way to go Brian (and team) !! My guess is that is why you didn't return my phone call - though the issue is now resolved. Glad to see you are having fun and remaining confused at the same time. :p

#3 ·
#99 must be a racecar - though it might be NASCRAP!!! ;-)

#5 ·
Thanks for the pics, some classics there !! although i have a soft spot for the 75, like the fact it was the car number too :) But most of all, loved the fact it was a 'rasta' 75 haha

#7 ·
lol il come half way with you and go rasta rusta or rusta rasta :p

someone in my country is selling a 75 and it needs work but i know the seller and its a straight motor for £1000 ($1400) and i want it but i have to fix up my current cars first...

i read they have near perfect 50/50 weight distribution - how does it handle ?? I imagine a RWD Alfa with the right engine is a try joy to drive

#12 ·
We built this car in 2007 back on the east coast (kredden, another BBer, Andy Kress, myself, and a few others). This was race #10 for the car. Except for one major problem (for which a 19 cent fuse was the root cause), the car has been pretty much bullet proof. This car has been a great example of what I think sums up all of the Italian cars I've ever owned - they might miss things in the details, like windows going up and down, door handles falling off, etc, but in terms of what really matters, the engine, drive train, suspension, etc, the cars are extremely rugged and can take a real beating.

In fact, the engine thats in there now came out of one of Kevins cars. It burned oil and blew a lot of smoke, which made it perfect for LeMons. Since installation, oil consumption has dropped significantly, and it only smokes a little bit when started cold. It seems to get better and better the more we abuse it.

If we can keep the car from getting hit too much on the track, there's no reason it won't last another 10 races, or more. In the mean time, a Berlina is in the works..

bs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.