Alfa Romeo Forums banner

The First Italian SNOmobile

2K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  Gary Williams 
#1 ·
It's Spring and this native California turned Washingtonian still can't get used to the idea of snow in late March. Still, it was a beautiful day so I parked the Alfa on the front lawn and shot a few photos. Not as good as driving it, but with snow covering our long gravel road, it wasn't leaving the front yard. It almost didn't leave the lawn, what with the normally sticky Dunlops spinning in the muck that used to be grass.

The "First Italian SNOmobile" reference to the fact that my GTV and Richard Lane's almost identical twin were side by side at Concorso several years ago. When both generated a number of "that's not original" remarks from the Purity Police, Scuderia Non Originale (SNO) was born.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
As a technical note. This a rare heater delete model. how's that working out in the snow for you Gary? Wait, I forgot that the left window is always down when the engine is running.

#3 ·
Sweet Gary, real sweet. Strangely enough we too had snow on the mountain today, it hit a maximum of 12 centigrade here. The first for the year, in what technically is very early Autumn here in Tassie. Mind you my GTV is tucked up under her blankets in the garage, unlike your beauty.

#5 ·
Your day was much like ours, only this is supposed to be Spring for us. The temp here was a roughly equivalent 51 degrees Farenheidt.

The nearest paved road is about a quarter of a mile from our house and up a hill, so when it's snowy or wet out my car doesn't usually see daylight. Today, the sun is out, making a drive tempting.

#14 ·
...Don't get the valve cap comment ... unless aTOMic is the one who sold me the valve caps with the teeny Alfa Romeo logo on each and every one.
No, I meant to sound like a persnickety concours judge tut-tutting your diniest of details. :D:D
I love the car. It IS amazing how slick performance tires seem on the grass - let alone snow! I got my wifes Mercedes stuck waaaay at the downhill end of our yard by repeatedly trying to overcome gravity's evil pull by getting a running start. My neighbors think I'm nuts, I'm sure. :rolleyes:
-Tom

#11 ·
Greetings from the Kentucky SNO chapter. We're kinda remote here so have not had a recent visit by the purity police, although there may have been some undercover agents at the convention last summer.

In March, I sometimes get to drive with the top down...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.