Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Leela Spyder

5K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  araknd 
#1 · (Edited)
Here's a few more pics at Palomar Mt.

Weight is 1720 lbs.
50/50 weight distribution (within 8 lbs. with me sitting in the car).
Milano running gear: 2.5 V6, de Dion, rear transaxle, etc.

More info at: www.leelamotors.com

Attachments

See less See more
#13 ·
A week ago last Sat. The Porsche Club-PCA had a TT at Pomona Fairplex, and took the Leela. This was the first time that I actually 'drove' it. The car ran well, but there are things to fix. It corners to the right better than it does to the left, the tires are old, and the brakes couldn't lock up the wheels. It was great fun. It seemed i could close in on Caymans and a WRX in the corners, but they would draw slowly away on the straights; except for the Porsche Turbo- he went by in a hurry!

The motor sounds awesome. I love the little V6 and the gear shifter feels great-shortened in length and distance from the trans, so the throws are short and positive, and right beside the steering wheel.
The leelamotors web site got hacked recently but hope to have it up again soon and will put video on then.
Feel free to email me for any details or more photos: leelaspyder@gmail.com

#14 ·
Way to go, Robin!!! I have really enjoyed watching the evolution of the Leela over the years as you refined it. I really think you need to source a 3L and let Erik warm it up for you. :)

#17 ·
Yep -at Willow Springs on the big track-scarey. I was wondering who that brave soul was!
I've had the car running on the street now and have done maybe a 1000 miles, and miracle of miracles, it runs great, starts all the time, gets about 25-28 miles a gallon (if I keep my foot out of it...) and with 10 lbs. per hp. it's fun to drive, plus it sounds awesome. Love the V6's.
Maybe we'll see you at Willow again.
Robin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.