Alfa Romeo Forums banner

pre-war Alfas

4K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  Charles Berman 
#1 ·
There probably is a thread already started on this but thought I would give it a try anyway. I wanted to share some pre-war Alfa photos and hope to see other contributions as well.

Here are a couple...

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
a few more..

This alfa was raced by Fangio back in the day. I took these photos back in 07 at the First St Michaels Concours.

regards

ken

Attachments

#8 ·
This alfa was raced by Fangio back in the day. I took these photos back in 07 at the First St Michaels Concours.

regards

ken
Not just Fangio but also his good friend Alberto Crespo. This car is a 1938 Alfa Monza Volpi Monoposto. It was found in Argentina and brought to the US where it has been well taken care of by two owners. You will see it world-wide at some of the most prestigious events... not just sitting on a grassy field I might ad ;). The current owner races it the way Fangio would have wanted :eek::D!

More info about this car can be found here: 1938 Alfa-Romeo Volpi Monoposto Images, Information and History | Conceptcarz.com

#3 ·
couple more

A few more. This first one was also at the Alfa Nationals in Frederick.

regards

ken

Attachments

#4 ·
a private setting

here are just a couple of shots from a private party. The 8C had left this collection a few years earlier. These are the 2 remaining Alfas.

Attachments

#5 ·

I had the chance to judge this 1750 at the 06 Radnor Hunt Concours. The owner told me that the red lights were for the mille miglia so the guy in front wouldn't know he was about to get passed. Those dudes were nuts.

Attachments

#6 ·
a few from Amelia Island

My first trip to Amelia Island had an alfa class. There were some wonderful examples on the field.

Attachments

#7 ·
some more from Amelia

If you have the opportunity, the Amelia Island concours is a fantastic event. Around 300 cars on the Golf course of the Ritz Carlton with an emphasis on race cars.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.