Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1970 GTV Resto Almost complete

3K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  cabikefreak 
#1 ·
It's been more than three years in process; however, my 1970 GTV 1750 is almost complete. I have owned this car since 1997. It only took me 14 years (last 3 in active restoration mode) to drive her for the first time. Yesterday was the magical day. The "before" pictures are on a different computer. Trust me when I tell you that I probably would not have undertaken this project if I had a better understanding of the time/energy that would be required when I set out. Now that the end of the project is in sight, I guess I can say that the journey has been a good one.

FYI, upholstery (and door panels) was done by a small shop in rockville, MD which I would highly recommend. Flying butress seats are not easy to re-cover especially when not using pre-cut skins with which to begin. The interior turned out better than I could have hoped. (note: The last pic was taken at the shop before final fitting)

A special thanks to all those who contribute to this board; for without you (and your thoughtful posts) I could never have finished this project.
For all those alfisti in the DC area, hopefully I'll see you around sometime.

--John

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
It looks great John, inside and out. Did you use a local shop for the paint? I am in NoVA and toying with the idea of a respray for my '86 Spider, but haven't found any place reasonable so far.

I hope to see you around town, perhaps at a Saturday morning Cars & Coffee in Great Falls.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.