Alfa Romeo Forums banner

$400 Alfa through the Aussie Outback

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  jazig.k 
#1 ·

In May this year I drove a $400 Giulietta from Melbourne to Brisbane, and then started a rally from Brisbane, travelling through the outback to Darwin. It was the Sh!tbox Rally, covering 3800km in a car worth less than $1000, all in the aid of raising money for cancer research, and having fun. We ended up raising around $6000AUD and covering around 6000km in 10 days.

The story is far too long to tell here, but I told the story on my blog at Hoonanism | Celebrating all things that can make you go fast….but with an unashamed bias towards Alfa Romeo

I can't paste the link to the story here, but once at the blog site you'll see a menu up the top with a link to the stories about the rally, the name of which I can't type here (it's a little like Sh!tbox Rally, but not quite). There are 8 parts to the rally story, and 6 parts to the (shoddy) preparation of the car. Hope you enjoy reading about it, we sure had fun doing it.

See less See more
#5 ·
lol, i seen this car at spetta' last year, looks like it scrubbed up pretty well in the end. honestly didnt look like it would have made it when i see the car, lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.