Alfa Romeo Forums banner

well, here is where I am at this point

3K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  BobK 
#1 ·
I found I can do most of the work, with this tool...

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
That crossmember is probably the strongest area in your car. You can use it. The crossmember is behind the oil sump--don't jack under the radiator.

#10 ·
Good picture! You oughta fit in here just fine.

As many do, I lift the front of my Spider with the jack under the front crossmember, behind the oil sump, with a piece of wood between the jack pad and the crossmember. I lift the rear with the jack under the differential. I put jack stands under the jacking points to support the car once it has been lifted.

Alfas will rust in the area of the jacking points, so it is important to make sure that they are solid.

#19 ·
there is a fellow up on castelton ave. Walter Parks. does a lot of foreign work, and had a spider in when I talked to him...he has done some work on my regular minivan, and he seems to be sharp...also he is close. I will be sending it there on Monday, as it stands.....
I am doing everything, I can myself, but the clutch, is out of my league. and I don't have a lift anyway. I am old and creaky,,not too happy crawling around under there....I will also have to have the top serviced. not sure where I will do that. leaks like a sieve, around the windshield, I am hoping a gasket of something fixes that. I am running low on $$$. I also can't figure out how to put the electric windos motor, and cables together, they are hanging loose, in the door. motor works though, that is a good thing, don't know why it was taken apart...I am also still putting parts on that were all taken off. I think it will be a great car when it is finished. can't wait to go out near the beach, and try to pick up some girls...hahahaha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.