Mum and Giulia, 50 years ago

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  andreatrst 
#1 ·
Picked from an old super-8mm.
Ciao

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Excellent! I have one of myself in my Giulia AUSCA spider 45 years ago but it is not digital, so I photographed it here. Great shot from when these cars were new!

Attachments

#4 ·
Gordon -
I'm thinking that the car has stood the test of time..
The driver??????

#9 ·
This is a great thread! If it were open to other cars, I'd post a pic of my parents heading off on their honeymoon in 1946 (in the Austrian Alps) in a '40s era BMW riding on some jeep tires they scavenged.

Regardless, I think the rack on the alfa provides a great perspective for evaluating arguments of "original" versus "restored" debates found elsewhere on the BB. These were always enthusiast cars, modified as needed to get the most out of them.

#11 ·
This IS getting to be a great thread! I have NOT held up as well as my AUSCA spider.
I LOVE the Giulia on the ferry. Got any more pictures Andre?
Jerry, the Alfa DID live in the box until I rebuilt my garage! I wasn't about to leave it in the weather! That 1/4 inch plywood box even had a padlocked and hinged front door!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.