Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Stepnose GT's with 15' GTA rims please!

7K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Alfa-Red-GTC-66 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

I am soon going to have to make the most important choice in any Alfa owners life - the choice of body colour!

I'd like to see any images of Stepnose GTJ's, GTV's GTA's with 15" GTA replica rims on it. Only Stepnose models with 14 or 15" GTA replica wheel's please.

If you have any - whether they are yours or not can you please post.

Thanks in advance!

#4 · (Edited)
That looks great Alex! PM me some build details if you wouldnt mind ?

Here are some that I have found or had sent to me recntly - thanks Derek! (if these images pose any issues to their owners please let me know and I will remove them).

#9 ·
just FYI...most of these photos are of 14" wheels like alex's.

i much prefer the deeper dish 14s to the 15s, though i have seen a small handful of cars where the 15s work well...IMO, it takes a very specific ride height to make them look ok, and for whatever reason, they look better to my eye on supers than on GTVs.

here's mine...14x6.5...i'm unsure of the source (PO put them on), but they're shallower dish-wise than others i've seen. i don't like them as much, but replacing them is low on the priority list at the moment.

here's a nice photo of a GTV with the alfaholics 15s...stolen from elsewhere on the site (this car was also featured on bring a trailer a few years ago).

if you browse the "how about photos of 105 GTs only" thread at the top of the forum, you'll come across several more.

alex, when did you sell your GTJ? you didn't have it that long, did you? :(

#11 ·
thanks!

the color is a land rover metallic green (also a PO thing)...and the coastline is the pacific coast highway between ventura and LA. that was actually the day i picked it up...not a bad first drive. :)

#12 ·
15" GTAs on my '69 Stepnose

Here is a photo, just on iPhone, but you can get the gist of the look, showing my '69 GTJ with the Alfaholics 15'' wheels. I would have gotten the original 14" look, not 13" Allegerita racing wheels, but it was just too difficult to get the price, performance, aspect ratio combination for the fourteens here in Canada.
The wheels are shod with 195 x 55 Yoko S-Drives. The tires seem to be just fine - corner great, ride appropriate to their performance...I have not tracked this car...
I think it looks fine - a little wide in the area between the lug holes and the outer circles of the wheel, but a very, very minor point. Many comments on the great look of the wheel/tire combo from both laypersons and Alfa people who knew the look of the car "in the day."
Dealing with the Bank's at Alfaholics was great and I must send them a photo...

Attachments

#14 ·
I think with the standard ride height, the SUV look is there...Also, kind of hard to see big wheels ( a modern look) on vintage cars...I mean, it's only an inch but they look sooooooooo different...:eek::D

#15 ·
Fotos with replica wheels

Hallo Pancho,

the wheels on my GTA racecar , the red with golden quarters on front right side, are originals!! , no Replicas:

regards
Uli

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.