Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Gubi's Got a New Alfa!

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  lgbalfa 
#1 ·
Okay, so it's not *just* mine, I bought this together with my brother. But it's going to live at my house most of the time since I'm the guy with the enclosed garage and the tools :D

1963 Giulia Spider. Finally have a red Alfa. It's been upgraded with a 1750 engine and dual Webers so it's quite peppy. Not a show car, but a very solid driver. Pics were taken at my mechanic waiting for brakes and tires, hopefully have it home next week. I'm psyched!

Now I just need to sell the TR7 to get some garage space... :rolleyes:

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: ghnl
#3 ·
You're going to enjoy this car. I have owned one since 1987. Looks just like your pictures. I ran with the original 1600 for 18 years and have since installed a 1750. At first I missed the high revving 1600, but have since found that the 1750 can really wind up too. Last time I took the car out a guy in a new Ferrari gave me the "thumbs up".

#6 ·
Woo - ten years! Been a lot of work on it since then.

My mechanic recently moved to Idaho unfortunately. When I need more work I'll probably go to Continental Motors in Sunnyvale.

#9 ·
Nah, the rear drums are fine. Honestly the front drums are fine too: I upgraded it to front discs about 8 years ago, and honestly it didn't make that much of a difference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.