Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Alfa Sunset.....

5K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  Trenta3 
#1 ·
Sometimes it's nice to look from whence we came...:cool:

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
its real... but two shots layered... got the camera to read the car light.. then the rear view mirror.. layered in PS... but thanks...
this is the front part.... Just got my 69 out of winter warm storage in ABQ, drove up to Santa Fe..

Attachments

#8 ·
Hopefully it was a "long and winding road" . . . . :)

#10 ·
fgsavoia: Speed limits are loosely enforced in New Mexico, especially the 75 MPH speed limit on interstate I-25 between Albuquerque and Santa Fe.

Davo1954: Beautiful GTV; can't wait to see it in person!

#11 ·
thanks guys...
The sunsets here are great. Roads are excellent, a nice mix of long straight "David Lynch" style or twisty mtn/highdesert winding thru 3rd world tiny towns.
I know when I was down in Alfanuts country, I said the same thing with those great sweepers and county roads, the color 'green' and Spring wildflowers. Tenn. the same. PCH... nuff said, Colorado, same.... actually, most places except maybe Enid,OK and Fly, Ohio... and even there... put an Alfa in the mix and it looks good.. :)
And... 90 mph... whenever possible.. I know once I was doing 'Alfa 90mph" (might have been 80, who knows) and was passed by a smiling State Pooper mouthing 'nice car'.
thx...

Attachments

#13 · (Edited)
Alfa Serpent clad Alfisti sees Sunset Dec 2 2011

Our Alfas were parked by Fellow Alfisti John's house in Atlantic Beach, NC while we watched the sunset into the Atlantic on the east (right) USA coast.

The Crystal Coast "Emerald Isle" sets east west along the NC southern OBX.

We had our annual MAARC party weekend in the Clam digger Hotel right on the dune line so we got to watch the sun rise and sunset almost parallel to the shoreline.

Attachments

#20 ·
nico... resq... great shots/cars.. We get double rainbows here once in a while.. SF GoldGate is such a great setting from that side.. roads along there very fun.. don't turn immediately RIGHT....ever.. )..

Here's downtown Santa Fe mid winter, old town. we get some great late day light and the adobe buildings don't hurt...

Attachments

#22 ·
Hey Davo1954, been looking for another Alfista in at least the aproximate area! I live in southern NM at Santa Teresa and drive through the pecan groves on windy roads to Mesilla releaving the daily strain. If you ever get this way contact me and lets get together. Got a quad and doing a frame off 73 spider.
Ciao

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.