Alfa Spotting!!! - Page 3 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 06-24-2005, 01:41 AM

Send a message via AIM to ALFA Abnormale
Don't have any pictures, but I saw a Giulia Coupe in Astoria, OR parked on the side of the street. It was in good shape and for sale, but alas I don't have the money, Alfa Romeo technical know-how or tools right now to take care of a car like that. Several years ago in Virginia Beach, while driving dad's Milano Verde, I passed a blue non-verde, and gave them a honk. I think they were as surprised to see another Milano as I was. Here in Seattle you see the occasional spider. Did a double take when I saw a grey GTV parked on the street in the Fremont area of Seattle over the weekend. I went on a Latin Club trip to Italy in 2000, and saw tons of Alfa's. With no other Alfisti in the group no one understood why I got all excited everytime I saw one. I think I took almost as many pictures of new Alfas as I did Roman ruins. With all the little fiats and motor scooters running around it made the Alfa's that much more beautiful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2005, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77SpideRacer
Did it have Panasports on it? If so, it was probably John Hoards car, the same car that you may have seen at the autocross a few weeks ago.
Jeff, I think it was the same car that was autocrossing. I didn't see the wheels -- he was headed in the opposite direction in heavy traffic. Driver was probably in his 50's.
Old 06-24-2005, 04:37 AM
Platinum Subscriber

Another white on white story. I spotted another white 164 like mine in a law office parking lot the other day. Couple days later I drove by again taking my daughter to soccer camp just as owner walking from lot to office. Boy did he do a double take looking at us in my white 164. I think I met his wife a couple years ago as I was house hunting and white 164 was in open garage so I stopped and visited with her. They had recently moved to VB from SF, CA. I also talked to his mechanic last spring when they were doing a clutch change. Pretty sure same owner, same car.

As we returned from soccer camp at noon that same day I he spotted us we passed on same street white to white as he must have been going to lunch. One small Alfa world I say. What are the odds of this happening again today. Very small because I am using truck to haul fencing today.

Stay tuned going to soccer camp again this morning.
http://www.aroc-usa.org/ click on tech advisors to contact me by email for tech advice or use this AlfaBB 164 section or an alfabb Private Mail.

Daily drivers: USA models - 91 164L w/AT "Black Beauty I" ALFA4ME; 91 164S Black Beauty II ALFALFA

SOLD MY91 "Bianco" 164B 5-speed [My Originale], ALFISTO Movin On!
Also gone are Old Blue 91 164L, Rosso1 93 164L, Rosso2 91 164S; QS2 164L

Daughter's current ride: Her Granddads 2002 Ford Taurus

Current Car hauler and Parts chaser : 2000 Dodge Ram PU 5.2L V-8

"A day without an Alfa whine is like a day without sunshine"

Last edited by Alfisto Steve; 06-24-2005 at 04:41 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2005, 02:44 PM

Someone in the Los Altos area has a nice looking Ocre or Piper Yellow (always get them mixed up) GTV...I've seen it exiting 280 at El Monte in the past, and just this morning saw it turning off of San Antonio to head towards downtown Los Altos....didn't get a pic however.

Former :
88 Milano Verde
78 Alfetta Sedan
87 Milano Verde
70 GT Jr. 1300

[URL=http://www.flickr.com/groups/scuderiano/]Scuderia Non Originale Flickr Group[/URL]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-25-2005, 03:20 PM

Saw a red 164L going North on I-75 near Atlanta.

Older gent and a lady passenger.

There was a toilet plunger inside the rear window.
Old 06-25-2005, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveH

There was a toilet plunger inside the rear window.
That's always a nice touch. Could this be the new Alfisti status symbol?
Old 06-25-2005, 05:25 PM

i saw this 164 on the lawn of a home near the indy racetrack during f1 qualifying. the homeowners there make some extra $$$ by using their yards as parking lots during racing weekends.

shame about the race though...
Attached Images

Old 06-26-2005, 12:02 AM

Detour photos

Ok, it's not an Alfa...or is it? Maybe it's Alfa's stealth re-entery into the US or their secret test mule. Anyways, this is a picture thread and I don't see a lot of pictures and we did drive by, stop and shoot this so I'm including it.

Odd coincidence. My friend picks me up to go see the Batman movie and he says he just drove by the batmobile up the street. So I of course say show me...wait let me get my camera first. Why batman was parked outside a dry cleaners off Montana Ave. in Santa Monica I don't know.
Attached Images

Last edited by 90Quad; 06-26-2005 at 12:09 AM.
Old 06-26-2005, 08:52 AM

sunday morning:

navy blue 164L
red 348 Spider
red Vespa 50

Be warned though, Alfas can have a strange effect on owners; ‘Alfaholic’ a recognised condition among car enthusiasts
Old 06-27-2005, 04:48 PM

Send a message via AIM to Devilspeed
pretty freakin' wild
Old 06-27-2005, 05:51 PM

Sunday at Detriot's "Eyes on Design" car show:
Attached Images

Old 06-27-2005, 07:10 PM

Monday:

black Milano 2.5
black 164L
red 86 Spider

Be warned though, Alfas can have a strange effect on owners; ‘Alfaholic’ a recognised condition among car enthusiasts
Old 06-28-2005, 12:47 AM

Send a message via AIM to ALFA Abnormale
It's funny that the Batmobile has Super Swamper TSL's. I guess it's so he can not only stop criminals, but also rescue people who are stuck in the mud.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:16 AM

Whoah...Everyone is having Batmobile sightings.. heres my post on 6-22 haha... They built 8 of these fully functional suckers, 1 was hit by a man running a red light in Chicago while they were moving it.. haha sucks for him!...

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/show...9&page=3&pp=15
Old 07-01-2005, 06:01 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to 77SpideRacer
eek

OT - But kinda related.
I was riding my bike to work today and coming in the opposite direction was a brown Fiat Spider with flames and.....it sounded like it had a V8 with either a blower or a cam gear drive - At least it sounded good.
[URL=http://alfabb.com/bb/forums/showthread.php?p=80428#post80428]And along came a Spider, A 77 Spider that is[/URL] - SOLD

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.