Alfa Spotting!!! - Page 16 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 11-21-2005, 07:18 AM

I didn't get a picture, but yesterday my wife and spotted a sweet red series4 traveling east bound on Davisburg Road as we were going west bound taking our last drive of the year in our spider. Had to get the Stabil throught the carbs! He spotted us too, as was shown by the blinking brake lights, which I answered in kind. Hopefully it's someone on the board here and they get a little chuckle out this post!

Regards,
Paul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2005, 11:37 AM

Send a message via AIM to elite38868
I was sitting at a stoplight Saturday afternoon on Bernal ave and a green 94 - 95 164LS pulled next to me. We continued to 680 and he passed me(I gave the italian sallute and he waved back) and I caught up to him and pased him @ 115 for about 5 minutes
Old 11-25-2005, 09:05 AM

Here are Alfas I've seen since August or so:

This one was at Steve Harris Imports:

This one was at a used car dealership. 1988, 4x,xxx miles, $10,000. Was it nice? Yes. $10,000 nice? Far from..

These were at Will's:

These were around SLC:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2005, 09:24 AM

And a few more.. this is going back to June.

This one was for sale, for.. I think around $5,000. Once again, not worth that much.

These were at Steve Harris Ferrari:

This one was getting a manual to automatic transplant

This one was VERY nice.. this picture doesn't do it justice

These were at Will's:

The same guy owns the two 164s

Note my Milano..

Old 11-25-2005, 09:32 AM

Oh, for the records.. none of the people who own those cars are on the BB.. I don't know all of them either.
Old 12-03-2005, 11:22 PM

I was on 680 south to San Jose today at 10:30am and spotted a burgendy 164 S near Auto Mall with license plate "EAT BMW".

Couldn't catch up with her as she was on a jet speed. And yes, the driver was a young gal. Anybody from the bb?
Old 12-04-2005, 12:46 AM
Gold Subscriber

We were in Rome at the end of last week and on the way in I saw a few 75s, one of which might have been a V6 but the bus was going too fast to get a good look. I thought I saw the concertina bumpers. I also saw two 164 turbo V6s parked within 10 metres of each other and several other 164s during the next two days. Near the centre of the city we walked past a 75 that looked like it had been dumped. It had flat tyres and was very dirty. There were lots of 166s and 156s with blue lights on top which looked like they were government cars with drivers. Then there were the usual Carabinieri Alfas and heaps of private 147s and 156s.
1990 75 3 litre Potenziata (grey, sadly deceased due to fire).
1988 75 3 litre (red).
2000 156 2 litre Twin Spark, ( Cosmos Blu metallic), daughter's new daily driver.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-04-2005, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Nayak
I was on 680 south to San Jose today at 10:30am and spotted a burgendy 164 S near Auto Mall with license plate "EAT BMW".

Couldn't catch up with her as she was on a jet speed. And yes, the driver was a young gal. Anybody from the bb?
The car is owned by "samanyanga" Charles and his wife was driving it that day. This is Antony's (italcarguy) ex 164S.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:58 AM

Gary,
Dont bother trying to get your pre fiat alfa fixed at a dealer in Mexico. I tried to get parts (synchros) from an Alfa dealer in Torreon Mexico and I was informed that they dont consider my Milano an Alfa. They only service models that they have sold, and they barely bother with that. The attitude in Mexico among the upper class is that you dont fix cars, you buy new ones...
The dealers pay the insurance companies to destroy salvage vehicles rather than part them out Everything is done to make it innconvenient to own a car tht is more than a few years old. Also, the culture has very little interest in classic cars. The girls I know down there would rather be picked up for a date in a new stripper model civic than in my beautiful 77 silver on black Merc 450 sel
It is so bad that the BMW motorcycle dealer wont even provide most parts on the bikes that it sells. If the owner would like to look into a new model, they can help with that, however

Also, the dealership security asked me to leave one time when I was peering into the windows of a 147. They thought I was poor or somthing due to the fact that I was wearing shorts and sandals. (Well to do Mexicans NEVER seem to wear shorts or sandals). It should also be noted that I am a long haired kid

Oh, and I am poor too. Maybe someday I will afford that 147. (Most likely when it is 10 years old with 100.000km )
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-05-2005, 08:20 AM

I see plenty of Alfa Romeos here in the UK, mainly 156s and 147s.

Older Alfas are getting rare now unfortunatrly, even 164s as they are sadly worth very little on the second hand market.

When I was in the US for 12 days in July I saw just one Alfa Romeo - a Milano. They certainly are rare in the States!

[URL]http://www.street-car.net[/URL] International Car Enthusiasts.
* Car discussion forums
* Car specifications
* Classifieds
Old 12-05-2005, 12:09 PM

Simon- where in the U.S. were you?
Old 12-05-2005, 12:14 PM

I found this today.. I'm not sure who owns it or anything, the lot its in looks abandoned, so does the car.

Edit: the last sticker on the plate is from '94.

Last edited by alfa75 88; 12-05-2005 at 12:20 PM.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfa75 88
Simon- where in the U.S. were you?
I travelled from Chicago down to Memphis and back up to Chicago again!

I was in Memphis when I saw the Milano. It was a metallic sandy goldish sort of colour.

[URL]http://www.street-car.net[/URL] International Car Enthusiasts.
* Car discussion forums
* Car specifications
* Classifieds
Old 12-06-2005, 10:01 AM

For anybody interested, the Spider I posted pictures of is for sale for $500.. 'probably will need a clutch', 'I think it's an '81.' PM me for more info. (I have no connection to the seller)
Old 12-06-2005, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfa75 88
For anybody interested, the Spider I posted pictures of is for sale for $500.. 'probably will need a clutch', 'I think it's an '81.' PM me for more info. (I have no connection to the seller)
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! it's an 81, stay away!!!

jk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.