Alfa Spotting!!! - Page 12 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 10-13-2005, 05:01 AM

kinda raced a minth black on tan 164S and then saw an abused green 164L parked.

Be warned though, Alfas can have a strange effect on owners; ĎAlfaholicí a recognised condition among car enthusiasts
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2005, 05:00 PM

Send a message via MSN to GoldCloverLeaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_fonz_164
kinda raced a...
Did you start young?
Did you learn fast?
Do you never sleep?
Are you alway in progress?
Are you not reckless?
Do you not vandalize?
Do you not have an opinion?
Do you not devastate?
Do you not hold your breath?
Do you not wait?
Are you always on the move?
Are you never lost?
Are you always oriented?
Are you always looking forward?
Are you always moving on.............?

ARE YOU A STREET RACER?
Old 10-13-2005, 08:15 PM

A black Quad S3 series with white top parks on Mabury by White Road in San Jose for the past 3 days. I placed my business card on the car asking if the owner would like to sell the car. It is such a waste to see such a nice car getting dirty and not being used.
1994 Spider CE #65
1st car - 82 GTV6 (missed it)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-14-2005, 06:28 AM

Having a alfa-full week in Pleasant Hill, CA. This week I have seen a white 164 (I think), a black Milano, a black Alfetta and a red Duetto without a trunk lid. Any of you folk on the board ?
Amazing as I have been around this area quite a lot and rarely before seen an alfa.
Unfortunately I have not been in the spider when I have seen these, mostly on my other Italian vehicle - a 1994 pinarello.
Tim
Old 10-14-2005, 08:50 PM

Alfas on Route 66

So I picked up my new ride (non-Alfa) in Cleveland and drove to St. Louis and along the modern highways that parallel Route 66 all the way back to Santa Monica. 2,800 miles with side detours. Hit all the cities in the song except Chicago. I only saw this 1 Alfa on the entire trip. It was parked at the 66 Diner in Albuquerque NM. Had an AROC sticker in the window.
Attached Images

Old 10-14-2005, 08:53 PM

What's your new ride?
Old 10-14-2005, 09:44 PM

Send a message via AIM to AlfaPunK
alfa racing

so far ive raced a 2003 toyota celica gt ,2004 honda civic, 90 somethign volvo turbo, 92 bmw 325 i, and i won all of them in a 84 alfa spider veloce with my 3.5 exhaust cold air intake runing good
Old 10-15-2005, 03:56 AM
Gold Subscriber

Alfa spotting

I snapped this Spider in Potobello Road, Notting Hill, London, 3 weeks ago. After two and a half weeks in England I saw one 75 on the day I was leaving. It was a nice red one, going the opposite way on the motorway. I was satisfied. There were lots of 156s, 147s and GTs.
Attached Images

1990 75 3 litre Potenziata (grey, sadly deceased due to fire).
1988 75 3 litre (red).
2000 156 2 litre Twin Spark, ( Cosmos Blu metallic), daughter's new daily driver.
Old 10-15-2005, 08:40 AM

Older Alfa's aren't very popular in Europe. Well, there people into old Alfas (obviously), but normal people who just want to buy a used car generally don't buy an old Alfa. At least that's what I noticed. A friend of my uncle's was selling his black, 1987 Alfa 33 for 1000 Euros, it's been for sale for about eight months, and still is as we speak. However, my uncle's '89 Renault Super 5 sold very quickly.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:47 AM
Gold Subscriber

Older cars in general are not popular here in Italy. People are heavily into late model turbo diesels. However I don't think they do the Maths on how long it takes to break even on the cost. They just assume they are saving money. You can buy an upmarket 10 year old petrol car such as an Alfa, dirt cheap and save heaps overall. I drove a new Peugot 407 2 litre turbo diesel 1,500 miles around England 2 weeks ago and it was doing 40.9mpg (imperial). My 1992 Volvo 480 turbo petrol does 35 - 37 mpg at 130 kph. The Volvo cost me about 1,000 Euros including doing up the brakes, whereas a Peugot 407 diesel would be 25,000. About the only old cars you see a lot of here are Fiat 500s, Unos and Pandas and 1.3 litre Alfa 33s. There is an impression that older Alfas are thirsty.
1988 75 3 litre (red).
2000 156 2 litre Twin Spark, ( Cosmos Blu metallic), daughter's new daily driver.
Old 10-15-2005, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz3litre
Older cars in general are not popular here in Italy. People are heavily into late model turbo diesels. However I don't think they do the Maths on how long it takes to break even on the cost. They just assume they are saving money. You can buy an upmarket 10 year old petrol car such as an Alfa, dirt cheap and save heaps overall. I drove a new Peugot 407 2 litre turbo diesel 1,500 miles around England 2 weeks ago and it was doing 40.9mpg (imperial). My 1992 Volvo 480 turbo petrol does 35 - 37 mpg at 130 kph. The Volvo cost me about 1,000 Euros including doing up the brakes, whereas a Peugot 407 diesel would be 25,000. About the only old cars you see a lot of here are Fiat 500s, Unos and Pandas and 1.3 litre Alfa 33s. There is an impression that older Alfas are thirsty.
I think that most people in the world think like that, they buy what is on demand. Not really thinking of if it actually will 'save' them money, but they compare a new diesel car to a new petrol car, not to older cars. It's how car companies keep selling new product!
Old 10-15-2005, 01:50 PM
Gold Subscriber

Yes, I guess it is a good thing somebody buys all the new cars so the rest of us can enjoy having fun with the older ones and get them cheap. Even when comparing a new diesel with a new petrol car though, I think it would still be a fair while before you broke even. The Peugot was good as a hire car because it was easy to drive, had all the bells and whistles and had lots of space for our luggage and the two kids, but it was pretty bland. It also has a lousy turning circle. I'm not crazy about the growly sound of diesels either.
1988 75 3 litre (red).
Old 10-15-2005, 01:53 PM

Diesels dont sound good at all....But if you were to look at the volkswagen jetta (or Bora) a couple years ago a turbo diesel cost the same as their regular gas model. In that case you were able to be saving more money right away, we used to drive ours for a month and fill it up once, 1200 km a tank. The gasoline version got half of that.

Anyways....enough thread stealing. I finally saw another alfa (spider) in my town, still undergoing a restoration, but looking amazing nonetheless.
Old 10-15-2005, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz3litre
Fiat 500s, Unos and Pandas and 1.3 litre Alfa 33s.
Ha, I love the Unos, the 500s, the 33s and the Pandas
Old 10-15-2005, 05:04 PM
Platinum Subscriber

Gtv ;-)

What a beauty.
Attached Images

Last edited by RossoGTV4Me; 10-15-2005 at 05:13 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.