Alfa Spotting!!! - Page 117 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 09-29-2011, 04:47 PM

Rare sighting in Huntsville today

As I was westbound in a string of traffic on Mt. Zion Road on the way home from work this afternoon a top-down (and this definitely was a top down day today) red Series 2 Spider with a black roll bar suddenly appeared in the middle of a string of eastbound traffic...I happened to be in the Alfetta so there was a last second recognition wave from the both of us.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2011, 05:44 PM

sounds like one of the guys/girls on this board..
Old 10-01-2011, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingswim2006 View Post
Sounds like Charlie's old sedan!!

You ever see a red GTV6 around DC?

Also, this may be way out of the blue - but do you ever drive down Connecticut Ave in your Spider? I saw a very nice red spider way back in February (I think) zooming past.
That certainly could have been me, since it's a daily driver and I'm regularly on Connecticut, though there are a handful of other red Spiders around (mostly 80s era). It would be a stretch to call mine "very nice" though! Maybe you were far enough away

A couple days ago I also saw a dark green S4 that I hadn't seen before parked on the street.

I haven't seen a GTV6 of any color around DC for several years (except at my mechanic's or at a show). There used to be a very rusty red one just blocks from my house in Chevy Chase DC but I never had a chance to meet the owner and I think they moved.

Former "vintage" cars: 74 Fiat 124 Spider (first car); 70 Volvo 164 ("the tank"); 74 Datsun 260Z (only started on fire once); 80 Honda Civic wagon; 89 Saab 900; 71 MGB ('Blue B')
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2011, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardo123 View Post
Is it just me or does it seem like spider owners in california generally dont "know" what Alfas are?
I can't say that I ever had the problem you're mentioning. I get a lot of looks when I'm in mine, but I hardly ever see another one on the road, or if I do, they are too far from me to make any communication. Maybe it's the company I keep, but any other Spider owners I know locally know exactly what they're driving.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:48 PM

Antony

you still offering us that Cnote under your ashtray in Santa Ana?

:-)

74 GTV with 10548's and Ingram pump --speedo been around at least twice -- [B]needs new oil rings[/B]!
1995 LS Q runners Auto Green/tan [B]230K[/B] 100% LCD paint absolutely SHOT!
1995 LS 5 speed Green /tan 48K Q runners squadra chip 100 % LCD -- nice tight car
Misc parts laying around for 24V and 2Liter- always need more it seems
2004 Tacoma 4 door TRD (wifes car/kid hauler)- 172K
Mission Vsi, Mission Mod 2, - 20+ years of hockey on these!
radio flyer- rusty from disuse!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-02-2011, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goats View Post
you still offering us that Cnote under your ashtray in Santa Ana?

:-)
Oh man I forgot all about that!
I think the statute of limitations ran out on that already. Plus I already spent the money on a few fruitless first dates.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:57 PM

I too have been ignored by passing Spider drivers, in California and Washington State.

That's not the issue in the Pacific Northwest, though. In the areas around southern Washington and Portland, Oregon, vintage sports cars are outnumbered, with 30 or 40 American street rods and muscle cars to each 1 of us ... us being any driver of an older Italian, British or German sports car. The result is that most of us vintage sports car guys tend to wave at one another. I even got a startled look and last-second wave from the driver of a pretty red 1960's SAAB wagon the other day.

There are so few sports cars to wave at that I'm thinking of hanging my arm out the window and giving the cool motorcyle down-low palm flash, just to see how passing bikers will react.
Old 10-02-2011, 08:07 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to ardo123
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonyR View Post
I can't say that I ever had the problem you're mentioning. I get a lot of looks when I'm in mine, but I hardly ever see another one on the road, or if I do, they are too far from me to make any communication. Maybe it's the company I keep, but any other Spider owners I know locally know exactly what they're driving.
What part of So. Cal. you in? I see spiders somewhat often on my drive from HB to LB via PCH. There's actually a cool red S3 Spider I see all the time parked on PCH just north of Warner in Sunset. See a lot of em in LA too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Williams
There are so few sports cars to wave at that I'm thinking of hanging my arm out the window and giving the cool motorcyle down-low palm flash, just to see how passing bikers will react.
I've waved at a few bikers in my car and the reaction is about split. Some wave back and some just give me a weird look. I usually only wave at cafe racers and bikes like that. No pocket rockets unless they're Ducati and usually no choppers.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:29 AM

On that subject, saw a silver Quad spider yesterday afternoon in downtown San Jose, CA, and he didn't notice the Alfetta.

That said, I own a spider and I notice all kinds of weird cars.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:45 PM

Send a message via AIM to don hodgdon Send a message via Yahoo to don hodgdon
Spotted a red Berlina in the rain this morning in Goleta, crossing the 101 freeway at Los Carneros.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:44 PM

Saw a red Spider in Abilene, TX, today at a gas station, stopped and chatted with the guy for a bit, but forgot to ask if he was a member of the BB. Then I watched him attempt to get her out of the parking lot, poor thing stopped running three times before he finally got her off.

Old 10-12-2011, 06:45 PM
Gold Subscriber

White roundtail in Santa Ana, CA

I was surprised to see this in the parking lot of the Aamco next door. Didn't see a service tag hanging from the mirror, so maybe it belongs to an employee?

Anyway, too hot today to be driving an Alfa... peaked around 95F
Attached Images

Old 10-16-2011, 03:51 AM

Trieste-Opicina hill climb race

Spotted today: start of Trieste-Opicina hill climb race historical (#100 edition).
Ciao
Attached Images

Old 10-16-2011, 10:49 AM

Again on Trieste-Opicina hill climb race

one more shot
Attached Images

Old 10-16-2011, 07:53 PM

andreatrst great pix and love the Italian scenery thank you for posting.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.