Alfa Spotting!!! - Page 107 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 08-22-2010, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapebaker View Post
i know the feeling!

i'm starting to feel alone here in so cal, of all places...i never even run into spiders, let alone other GTs.

those guys up in the bay area have all the luck.
Seriously? I drive my Quad every day. We're just on different cycles, I guess.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2010, 11:30 PM

... here you go...youtube... ferrari scuderia drive... at 5:37 you will see a nice early 60's spider( light blue) coming down a hill..into the ferraris line of sight.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:40 PM
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonyR View Post
Seriously? I drive my Quad every day. We're just on different cycles, I guess.
maybe it's just bad luck...i know they're around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2010, 05:06 PM

Well, even though I haven't been lucky enough to catch any photos of my fellow DC Alfas (I know there are a few out there), the MD police department has apparently been taking secret pictures of my car on the road. It certainly is nice of them to share these wonderful pictures with me. Sigh.

I'm not trying to encourage speeding, which is why I blocked out the speed on the ticket, but this picture really seemed to keep with the whole 'Alfa spotting' spirit of this thread. I'd like to think a fellow Alfisti at the police station got a smile when they saw these photos come through...
Attached Images

Last edited by DC GTV; 08-24-2010 at 06:03 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-24-2010, 06:04 PM

Bummer. In Washinton State, speed cameras aren't the issue. We have more law enforcement officers than you have lobbyists, and they're all adept at presenting tickets the old-fashioned way.

I always warn visitors that our only growth industry is speeding tickets, so don't overdo it. Wish I could take my own advice.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-27-2010, 01:26 PM
Gold Subscriber

finally!

in LA yesterday afternoon, saw a black spider turning left onto riverside from allesandro...i was turning right onto allesandro in my GTV...honked & got a startled look, followed by a wave.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:55 PM

The other driver is probably not used to a honk that isn't accompanied by an angry gesture. In ye days of olde, your honk would have been followed by the other party peering through a miasma of smoke and haze, trying to see where the noise came from.

I was born in that neck of the woods and, to this day, feel somewhat uneasy when I can't actually see the air I'm breathing.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:03 PM
Platinum Subscriber

Send a message via Yahoo to araknd Send a message via Skype™ to araknd
I was in the Von's parking lot in San Marcos, CA on Wednesday. Saw a very nice silver gray '74 spider and a younger guy just getting in. Walked over and said "Nice Spider!" His head spun around and as he started it up said "Yeah, it's my wife's!" and he sped off before I could say anything else. Joy riding in his wife's Alfa and had to get it back before she missed it? Hmmmm.
www.alwayslookingforanother.com
www.arocsd.org

1982 GTV6 (gave his life for Margherita)
1977 Alfetta Sedan(sold and driven into the ground)
1982 Spider Veloce (sold)
1986 Spider Quadrifolio (sold)
1991 164L (transferred to a good home)
Old 08-27-2010, 02:40 PM
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Williams View Post
The other driver is probably not used to a honk that isn't accompanied by an angry gesture. In ye days of olde, your honk would have been followed by the other party peering through a miasma of smoke and haze, trying to see where the noise came from.

I was born in that neck of the woods and, to this day, feel somewhat uneasy when I can't actually see the air I'm breathing.
ah, the good old days...

Old 08-28-2010, 01:27 PM

Saw a nice '74 ish red GTV in the Chelsea neighborhood just off 9A this morning. Looked like a good driver. I'm somewhat impressed by the variety of older cars I see around NYC. Better than Chicago but not as great SF.
Old 08-28-2010, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Williams View Post
I spotted an Alfa in my garage today. Wonder if it belongs to someone I use to know?

Probably not, it was shacked up with some American car.

Last edited by RC Hiatt; 08-28-2010 at 01:40 PM. Reason: And we have to respect the Washington State cops who have the largest *******s in the country
Old 08-28-2010, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC GTV View Post
Well, even though I haven't been lucky enough to catch any photos of my fellow DC Alfas (I know there are a few out there), the MD police department has apparently been taking secret pictures of my car on the road. It certainly is nice of them to share these wonderful pictures with me. Sigh.

I'm not trying to encourage speeding, which is why I blocked out the speed on the ticket, but this picture really seemed to keep with the whole 'Alfa spotting' spirit of this thread. I'd like to think a fellow Alfisti at the police station got a smile when they saw these photos come through...
DC GTV--that is one great looking Alfa. DC is getting pretty thick with speed cameras. I got hit with one a couple years ago on Conn Ave on the MD side. One good thing about cameras though: no points.

On a point more related to this topic: I spotted a nice red Duetto parked in front of a house on University Blvd in Wheaton, Md., today, right across from the Westfield shopping complex. I turned around and drove back to see if there was a "for sale" sign (there wasn't)....

Former "vintage" cars: 74 Fiat 124 Spider (first car); 70 Volvo 164 ("the tank"); 74 Datsun 260Z (only started on fire once); 80 Honda Civic wagon; 89 Saab 900; 71 MGB ('Blue B')
Old 08-31-2010, 12:58 PM

Was cruising along winding NM highway 28 from Santa Teresa to Las Cruces, NM in my 86 quad and decided to take a real curvey side road through the pecan groves and spotted what looked like a spider barried behind some old cars and a house. Wiped around and and tried to find someone home, no luck. Walked around and found a 73 rust free but needing paint and interior etc. Weeds growing around it with 08 tags. Have been trying to find someone home to see if they might want to sell it leaving notes but no response so far. I will keep trying to see if they might be interested in selling. Will make an excellent project.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:08 PM

Monday on Adobe road in East Petaluma, an orange spider going the other direction. Simultaneous waves abounded...
Old 08-31-2010, 06:32 PM

Today around 11:15 AM, Sunset and Fairfax Hollywood, what I thought was the new Giulietta, but the center grill was more elongated, so I have to say it was the new ALFA GT. Charcoal/Silver gray. Beautiful. Whichever one it was, it was definitely one of those two, definitely ALFA Romeo. Drove right in front of it waved and got a great wave back. Whoever was driving, knew he was in an ALFA and that I was in an ALFA. Saw the grill first as I pulled up to the intersection and my mouth opened in a "Holy S#$%! that's a new ALFA on the road" kinda way! Very cool. More shocking to see that going down the street, than it was to see the 8c about a month ago. And yes, it was the 8c Spider not the coupe.

If you check out ALFA's site and look at the GT, the front 3/4 view of the ALFA GT is what I saw this morning. Same color too.

(Guess it may have actually been a new Giulietta.)

Last edited by shadowburn; 09-06-2010 at 09:04 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.