Alfa Spotting!!! - Page 106 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 08-08-2010, 11:40 PM
Gold Subscriber

I'm usually pretty good a spotting manufactures plates, but there's always the possibility that I missed it; particularly with the trailer in tow. There were a couple of guys in the car. I gave them a quick honk and thumbs up as I passed them near Pechanga. (Unfortunately I was in my Jeep GC; the Spider is still many months from going back into commission.)

Best regards,
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2010, 02:22 AM

Bright yellow S4 at Milford Road and General Motors Road In Milford, Mi. at 8:30 pm last night. It was 'shiny & clean. Young male driver smiling "ear-to-ear". Perhaps it was the babe sitting next to him. Alas, I had the non-descript 'family van' (w/family in tow); coming back from a family birthday party in Dearborn. BTW: This is my FIRST Alfa I've seen on the road around here ALL summer. [does not of course count the multitudes seen around TrailAuto when I'm down in that neck of the woods.]...Ed K.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-12-2010, 02:59 PM

I spotted a few Alfas while traveling down to Florida from New Jersey... a great looking red Spider Quadrifoglio in the Outer Banks, and just this morning a black GTV6 in Ft. Lauderdale, Fl. I saw the GTV6 while I was taking a nice stroll to the local Ferrari/Maserati dealership... Needless to say this has been an entertaining trip!
Old 08-12-2010, 08:32 PM

Send a message via AIM to lgbalfa Send a message via Skype™ to lgbalfa
93 black spider veloce with tan top at the alfa auto clinic in baldwin, LI.

nice car!
Old 08-13-2010, 12:13 AM
Gold Subscriber

I saw Red spider on Natio Parkway Wednesday afternoon I was on the balcony of the Hotel 50 and waved.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:18 AM

I see my 1996 Alfa Romeo 164 TS and that makes my day but seeing another Alfa is a big bonus!!!
Old 08-18-2010, 01:50 PM

red spider s3 type, 10.30 am this morning, eastboud on madison ave next to the hy 8o ramp..
Old 08-18-2010, 02:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to don hodgdon Send a message via Yahoo to don hodgdon
Last Sunday afternoon I spotted the twin to my GTV6 headed south on Cliff Drive in Santa Barbara. I flashed my lights and waved but didn't get any response. It's the third time I've seen this particular car, but the first time I was driving the GTV6. Word is, it's owned by the father of a famous pro-volleyball player from this area, and that he's owned the car since new.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:42 PM

Gentlemen & an occational gentlewomen; today I finally finished and delivered the triple black 91 spider veloce to as I understand it new alfista. This will be the second one on the road in the west Texas southern New Mexico area. Maybe we should start a club! I am trying to finish another 91 that i am putting together after being dinged and a blown head gasket= rebuilt engine like the previous. If I can get this sold locally, definitely a club will be started. Mean while I will dump the latest money from this 91 into finishing the 73 frame off roto restoration and maybe get more alfista going in the area. Years ago (40) we had quite a few in this part of the country and would be great to get more involved again. I gues the only alfa spotting I can do in this part of the country is find decent ones and get them back on the road locally!
Old 08-18-2010, 10:41 PM

red GTC spotted on 280 in Daly City, CA

Probably the most unusual and valuable Alfa I've spotted just by chance... a red GTC with very recent California plates, driven by a middle-aged man with a lady in the passenger seat. Looked like fun! Too bad I was not in the Alfa.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:03 AM
Platinum Subscriber

Finally had a camera with me! Spotted this GTV in the Safeway parking lot yesterday.
Attached Images

'69 Lancia Fulvia Rallye 1,3 S/'92 Ducati 900SS
gone but not forgotten
'79 Alfetta Sprint Veloce/'77 Alfetta Sedan /'76 Alfetta Sedan/'75 Alfetta Sedan
Old 08-22-2010, 02:27 PM

I saw a red GTV on 24 in downtown Oakland this afternoon around 12:30. It left the highway at the 12th Street exit. I've seen this one before. Anyone here.

Greg
'74 GTV (I'll miss this one)
Old 08-22-2010, 02:54 PM

I know there are lots of beautiful Alfas in the Portland, Oregon, area; I've seen them at club events. But in two years of semi-full-time residence in nearby Washougal, I've never seen another Alfa on the road outside of club events. I drive my red GTV all over around here. It's terribly out of place alongside the many American muscle cars and hot rods, which are fun to look at but rarely generate any mutual automotive interest. Am I just driving the wrong roads?
Old 08-22-2010, 03:08 PM
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Williams View Post
I know there are lots of beautiful Alfas in the Portland, Oregon, area; I've seen them at club events. But in two years of semi-full-time residence in nearby Washougal, I've never seen another Alfa on the road outside of club events. I drive my red GTV all over around here. It's terribly out of place alongside the many American muscle cars and hot rods, which are fun to look at but rarely generate any mutual automotive interest. Am I just driving the wrong roads?
i know the feeling!

i'm starting to feel alone here in so cal, of all places...i never even run into spiders, let alone other GTs.

those guys up in the bay area have all the luck.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:59 PM

True, we were just in the Santa Clara Valley two weeks ago for a visit and saw a bunch of Alfas, as was our experience when we lived there.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.