Post a pic of your alfa! - Page 35 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 03-27-2006, 04:48 PM

That car looks great! What are you using for power? I haven't seen it around, did you just finish it? Joe
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2006, 05:05 PM

Joe,
I have a 1600 duetto engine in there now. I'm trying to put in a hot 2000 motor, but I haven't started building it yet. In fact the car hasn't been running for a while. I can't get the engine up over 2500 rpm. It has driven me crazy trying to figure out what the problem is. It has weber carbs, I changed the fuel pump, all the lines have been cleaned. it has a new fuel tank, It idles beautifully, but dies at 2500 rpm. Its getting fuel but seems as if its not. The timing seems correct. I have had the GT since 86, Storing it a few years later. Now I can't seem to get it running correctly. I see your from the Island too. I'm out on the south shore. Danny
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-27-2006, 05:17 PM

By the way Joe, your Alfa is beautiful! just the way I would like mine, color, and all. I had no choice in my color, or racing stripes! it's not bad, but I wouldn't have painted it that way, that's the way I got the car. Danny
Old 03-27-2006, 05:27 PM

Danny, sent you a pm
Old 03-27-2006, 07:58 PM

alfas /maserati in south florida

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just waould like to share the Alfa experience ...the Callaway is finished and we are enjoying it immensely new programmed engine management new rebuilt engine with high peformance pistonsnew turbos larger brakes/drilled rotors...the list goes on...you should see the look on those BMW,s M fellows...also we just added a killer Maserati 228 totally tricked out polished ported heads upgraded turbos,individual coil paks,upgraded suspension,custom builtfiske wheelsthe etc .the list is longer thatn the Callaway and last but not least we were able to acquire a tricked out 164 Q from a very nice Alfisti. we will be upgrading the rotors and getting some jungle justice gta cams.....WE SHOULD HAVE SOME OF THE CARS AT THE MARCH 26 ITALIAN MEET IN HOLLWOOD /PEMBROKE PINES AREA.
Attached Images

Old 03-27-2006, 09:15 PM

great looking car, very cool paint...I love red, but it's refreshing to see something different....
Old 03-27-2006, 11:12 PM

my dad has the same problem with a morgan with a 1600 ford engine with weber carburettors, it goes smooth to 3000rpm but then looses power until 5000 rpm after that it runs fine again. it is also a mystery, even to a company that checked it.

bytheway, i just bought this 2.0 engine for my bertone

the owner said it was from an alfetta with airconditioning. some modifications to make it suitable for a bertone have been made, like the flat sump. do you guys recognise this engine?
Old 03-28-2006, 07:52 AM

FWIW. I thought the Alfetta's had electric fans. That might just be for the States.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:01 AM

It isn't from an alfetta for sure. It has a clutch. Alfetta engines don't have the clutch attatched to the flywheel. it is on the gearbox flywheel.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:46 AM

PB2K,

It looks like you have the block and head from an alfetta judging by the castings on this side of the block and the "2.0" stamp on the block, its also looks like the PO converted it to fit a 105/115 car. It also has a european front cover, (I see a lower fuel pump mounted on the front cover) and an early bosch distributor set up. Interesting!
Old 03-29-2006, 10:47 PM

Send a message via MSN to Alfa 1981
Help Me

hello just wondering if anyone can tell me how to post pics
THANKS JUSTIN
Old 03-29-2006, 10:49 PM

create an account at www.photobucket.com and upload them there. they will create an url for you that you can post here.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:44 PM

Send a message via MSN to Alfa 1981
Thumbs up Pics Of My 1981 Alfetta Sedan

i think i got it
Attached Images

Old 03-30-2006, 05:06 AM

79 Spider finally on the road.

Just got this back from the upholstery and top shop.
Bought it last August running rough but not driveable. Have original chromodoras and am painting in silver. Wire wheels will go on Ebay. Miraculously the body has no rust or rot. Paint all original and professionally buffed this winter. RustCheck rustproofed.
How much should I value this at with my insurance company? It has 84K original miles and I am the third owner.
Thanks
Attached Images

Old 03-30-2006, 05:37 AM

two tone seats are trick.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.