Post a pic of your alfa! - Page 269 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 03-27-2012, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz3litre View Post
That is a lovely car. I like the colour.
Thank you OZ. The color is definitely unusual, it has grown on me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2012, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonH View Post
Attachment 241264 Here's my baby. Always turns heads.
Fantastic car. Never-ever seen something like that around. I mean in Italy. Please more pics. It's a never ending joy for eyes.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-28-2012, 01:32 PM
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
Touché good sir... touché ! Amazing price you get Alfas for here but not as many classics as i see around this site !! Alot in America, i guess thats because Alfa have not sold new cars there for so long, all the classics are Alfas of 'the norm' ?? Love the mk II spider myself - seen alot on here... so jealous !
We have the best of both worlds here. There are a lot of classic Alfas as well as modern ones. Most of the old ones are not daily drivers, unlike mine. Many of our club members have cars from 156s on as daily drivers. One of our new members has a Giulietta 1750 turbo. There are also about eight Montreals in Adelaide.
1990 75 3 litre Potenziata (grey, sadly deceased due to fire).
1988 75 3 litre (red).
2000 156 2 litre Twin Spark, ( Cosmos Blu metallic), daughter's new daily driver.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-28-2012, 03:25 PM

I absolutely adore the Montreal... one day, i will have one ! lol

thats a fine collection in your signature, 75 my personal fav - just have a soft spot for them.. iv had a 3.0 164 too and currently have a 3.0 GTV and will in the not too distant future get a 75

Great minds think alike
Old 03-29-2012, 03:10 AM
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
I absolutely adore the Montreal... one day, i will have one ! lol

thats a fine collection in your signature, 75 my personal fav - just have a soft spot for them.. iv had a 3.0 164 too and currently have a 3.0 GTV and will in the not too distant future get a 75

Great minds think alike
75s are very underrated cars, which is good because you can buy a lot of car for very little money. They are, after all, the best mass production rear wheel drive car Alfa ever made. The beauty is that they have awesome handling, great performance, the best sounding engine ever made, a very high fun factor and are a practical four door sedan as well. That is why I bought another Potenziata when my grey one caught fire. That one, by the way, might end up back on the road in modified form one day.
1988 75 3 litre (red).
2000 156 2 litre Twin Spark, ( Cosmos Blu metallic), daughter's new daily driver.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:12 AM

Be sure to post some pics if it does !!

Your not helping my finances right now.. i have to buy a 75 all of a sudden hahaha

Sadly it will have to wait, id want a mint condition one - that i can then use right away Would love to make it a daily - that way i can appreciate it, every day i drive to work !
Old 03-30-2012, 04:38 PM
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
Be sure to post some pics if it does !!
It will be a very long term project if it goes ahead. My son needs to get a job in the car restoration field first, in order to learn the skills and buy tools etc. He also needs to get the steering rack fixed on the red 75 so we can get it back on the road.
1988 75 3 litre (red).
Old 04-08-2012, 01:58 PM

my new alfa

Just bought this beauty and arrived dirty but undamaged after shipping on open trailer. She has original paint, no dash cracks, no rust and cleaned up really nice. My first alfa so looking to learn a lot from everyone.
Attached Images

Old 04-08-2012, 03:00 PM

Looks a beautiful "unmolested" one. They are difficult to get hold of nowadays. Hope you realise what a beauty you have and are going to look after it so it doesn`t deteriorate - I`ve seen too many really nice original cars in my time ruined.
Old 04-08-2012, 03:20 PM

Richard, I do recognize this one is a beauty. And it came from a lineage of owners who also cared. i baby my cars. I use them but I baby them... no rain for example, always garaged. I detail them frequently. Im already looking for another alfa- GTV or duetto
Old 04-08-2012, 03:25 PM

Thank you so much. See link 4008 for some more photos. I'll post more later

Ron
Old 04-08-2012, 03:36 PM

Great mibi. Looks like its gone to a great home.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:27 PM
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibi View Post
Just bought this beauty and arrived dirty but undamaged after shipping on open trailer. She has original paint, no dash cracks, no rust and cleaned up really nice. My first alfa so looking to learn a lot from everyone.
Congratulations. Looks like you have got yourself a fine example of a great Alfa there!
Old 04-08-2012, 11:29 PM

Old 04-22-2012, 06:43 AM

1970 GTV facelift

Posting a bunch of new photos of my GTV to show off the new 15'' ET29 Superleggeras, and all the other work I have done to it in the last 6 months of winter.
GTA rims, 205/60/15 Sumitomo HTR A/S PO1, complete Imasaf exhaust system with 55mm GTA stinger with a bit of performance finessing, with new hangers and bushings, new brake pads all 4 corners, stainless braided flex brake lines, new clutch master and slave and stainless flex hose, Odyssey PC680 battery in the trunk as A/C cars have it, new points and spark plug wires.
Took it out for its first 2 hour drive of the season. Wheels and tires excellent no rubing no pulling smooth and quiet lots of grip, easy to turn the steering wheel even at a crawl (I am not sure why people complain about bigger tires and harder steering effort? My other 3 cars have power steering and I dont notice a big difference.?) The exhaust is perfect sounding for the street in my opinion (not to loud, but a lot sportier than the 3 resonator original systems, and quieter than my 2 old empty cans that used to be resonators). The GTA tail pipe buffs up to look like brushed stainless. The brake pads are Beck/Arnley-Jurid front and Ferodo Premier rear (that is a whole story on its own). Still have my hi tension ignition wires to install.
Had to move 2 of my other cars out of the garage/way to get my Alfa out of storage. That's why there are 3 cars on the front lawn.
Attached Images

Last edited by brad fischer; 04-22-2012 at 07:52 AM. Reason: typo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.