Post a pic of your alfa! - Page 189 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 08-25-2009, 06:21 AM

Nothing better to do on a Sunday afternoon with 85 degree temperature and 85 percent humidity than cleaning the fuse box connections. Before I did this, my Voltmeter which ran off a wire from under the dash, ran about 1 volt less than the output directly at the battery. Now we appear to be the same.

Oh , someone asked for a photo of the car
Attached Images

1973 GTV - bought 3/06, intend to keep forever
1969 GTV, #AR1530021 - sold 10/72, guess didn't intend to keep forever
Current project: '69 Corvette bought in '73, DD '73 - '80, in storage 1989-2002, now apart

Last edited by lowmileage; 08-25-2009 at 06:49 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2009, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowmileage View Post
Nothing better to do on a Sunday afternoon with 85 degree temperature and 85 percent humidity than cleaning the fuse box connections. Before I did this, my Voltmeter which ran off a wire from under the dash, ran about 1 volt less than the output directly at the battery. Now we appear to be the same.

Oh , someone asked for a photo of the car
That GTV of yours is sooo perfect.............Your a lucky man!!!
Old 09-09-2009, 10:49 AM

Here is my 1991 164, 160,000 km and running strong.

Love to know if there are any other owners from the GTA here on the board.
Attached Images

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-09-2009, 11:49 AM

Daaannnnng Buzzed... how did you get your block so clean i.e. get all the stains romoved from all the sufaces?!?! What and why did you paint the lining of the block... aside from the key sufaces?
Sprintn
Old 09-09-2009, 02:14 PM
Gold Subscriber

74 Spider, 88 Graduate, 93 Veloce, 94 Commemorative Ed

Out at the hangar with my T28 Trojan.
Alfas make great airplane tugs BTW, with those eyelets welded to the front of the frame.
Need a sharp 66 or 67 Duetto and maybe a nice Giulia.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 74 Spider 88 Grad 93 Veloce 94 CE.pdf (1.69 MB, 117 views)

Last edited by skydoc2336; 09-09-2009 at 02:22 PM. Reason: trying to get photo uploaded
Old 09-09-2009, 03:16 PM
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydoc2336 View Post
Alfas make great airplane tugs BTW, with those eyelets welded to the front of the frame.
I love the photo. I would love to fly planes like that.
1990 75 3 litre Potenziata (grey, sadly deceased due to fire).
1988 75 3 litre (red).
2000 156 2 litre Twin Spark, ( Cosmos Blu metallic), daughter's new daily driver.

Last edited by oz3litre; 09-09-2009 at 03:17 PM. Reason: remove text.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:23 PM
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz3litre View Post
I love the photo. I would love to fly planes like that.
It is a 1955 North American T28 Trojan, restored as a -D model, Eglin Air Force Base 1961, just prior to going to Vietnam for combat. There are a couple in Australia flying the circuit, I believe.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydoc2336 View Post

It is obvious that you prefer red!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[I][B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Gordy Hyde[/FONT][/B][/I]
AROC-USA Secretary
Home chapter - NWARC
1971 Junior Zagato 1750 (1800605)
1974 Spider 2000 Iniezione (no carbs)
Old 09-09-2009, 08:38 PM
Platinum Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by msiert View Post
That GTV of yours is sooo perfect.............Your a lucky man!!!
Yes, very nice...very nice fuse box. Nice fuse box holder too.

Here is my 164 around 9,500 Ft on the top of San Fransisco Peaks in Flagstaff AZ. Sorry not the greatest shots when I am not paying attention to the camera. Had it on the wrong setting. New digital. Use to the old stuff.

Took the kids on the lift to the top.

Completely rebuilt motor, suspension, paint and more... Drove like a dream from Phoenix to Flagstaff and up to 9,700 Ft without an issue.
Attached Images

<-GT Bertone, Spider, 75, GTV6, 164, all New models->.
http://www.alfissimo.com Alfa Parts

Tel:+1 928-526-0549
Contact@alfissimo.com
jason@alfissimo.com
<1991' 164 QV, White- Recaro>

Last edited by Alfissimo Int.; 09-10-2009 at 07:26 AM.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:10 AM

Beautiful 164 you have there!!! Did you swap the plates for the pictures or do have plates like that in Arizona?

best regards
Bob

Last edited by super1750; 09-10-2009 at 10:18 AM.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:08 PM
Platinum Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by super1750 View Post
Beautiful 164 you have there!!! Did you swap the plates for the pictures or do have plates like that in Arizona?

best regards
Bob
Swapped them with my US plate in the back window. Here in Arizona they do not require front plates. I run it like that for fun. Really gets people scratching their heads.LOL

Contact@alfissimo.com
jason@alfissimo.com
Old 09-10-2009, 04:45 PM
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfissimo Int. View Post
Swapped them with my US plate in the back window. Here in Arizona they do not require front plates. I run it like that for fun. Really gets people scratching their heads.LOL
Don't you guys have speed cameras over there? We have speed cameras that shoot you from the front as well as the back and in the country the cops have radars on their dash that get you as they drive towards you from the other direction. There is a big fine if you don't have legible plates front and rear. What are your speed limits? Our maximum on main open roads is 110 KPH and 100 on secondary ones. Some councils in hills areas want their limits lowered to 80 KPH. Everyone knows it is all about revenue raising of course. The way things are going here we will have the man with the red flag walking in front of us!
1990 75 3 litre Potenziata (grey, sadly deceased due to fire).
1988 75 3 litre (red).
2000 156 2 litre Twin Spark, ( Cosmos Blu metallic), daughter's new daily driver.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Don't you guys have speed cameras over there? We have speed cameras that shoot you from the front as well as the back and in the country the cops have radars on their dash that get you as they drive towards you from the other direction. There is a big fine if you don't have legible plates front and rear. What are your speed limits? Our maximum on main open roads is 110 KPH and 100 on secondary ones. Some councils in hills areas want their limits lowered to 80 KPH. Everyone knows it is all about revenue raising of course. The way things are going here we will have the man with the red flag walking in front of us!
It's a state or province thing from what I know. Up here in Canada my province only has rear plates, but the one I go to school to has both required. They probably want both plates for the same reasons you've stated.
Speed limits are about that same in Canada as what you guys have there.

American speed limits vary a bit based on the state, but usually around the same speed as you have. 60-70 MPH, I don't believe many (any?) states still have the 55 MPH limit.

Last edited by DonBeeson; 09-10-2009 at 05:02 PM.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:37 PM
Platinum Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonBeeson View Post
It's a state or province thing from what I know. Up here in Canada my province only has rear plates, but the one I go to school to has both required. They probably want both plates for the same reasons you've stated.
Speed limits are about that same in Canada as what you guys have there.

American speed limits vary a bit based on the state, but usually around the same speed as you have. 60-70 MPH, I don't believe many (any?) states still have the 55 MPH limit.
NY still has 55, I think. As for plates, varies by state also. Plenty states do not require front plates. Texas does, but cops usually leave classic cars alone, in my experience....have been driving my Alfa's without front plates since 2003 here

Currently no Alfas in the stable

Previously:
'76 Alfasud Ti/'75 GT Junior/'87 Alfa 33
'91 Alfa 75/'95 Alfa 164/'79 Alfa Spider '69 Euro 1750 GTV, '67 Duetto, '84 Spider Veloce
'91 164L
Old 09-10-2009, 08:03 PM
Platinum Subscriber

Quote:
Speed cameras here are a joke. They have fifty-five signs before the camera. I have plenty of time to slow down and then speed right back up after I pass it.
Arizona is still the wild west really. LOL.
I have a visible plate on the rear and really do not speed much in town, mainly on open roads with literally no people.

J

Contact@alfissimo.com
jason@alfissimo.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.