Post a pic of your alfa! - Page 185 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 07-24-2009, 03:37 PM

87 Spider Graduate

Waited 30 years. Fell in love with them when my neighbor asked me if I wanted to drive his in the late 1970's. Mortgages and three kids kept the Alfa at bay until I spent the better part of 2008 then early 2009 looking for one. Found this from an AlfaBB member in Vermont. It now has 46,380 miles and was rustproofed when new. Hard to find even a scratch. New tires and Panasports, plus lower ball joints, the driveshaft bushing and a gas tank. It runs great and my wife and I go for rides on sunny weekends. Everyone looks at this car, waves and smiles. Many years ago we had a very quick 65 Corvair Corsa (4 carb version) then a 72 Volvo 1800 ES, but with the top down nothing can beat the Alfa. We could not be happier.
Attached Images

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2009, 12:34 PM
Gold Subscriber

Recent Purchase

After years of VW tuning I finally got my hands on an Alfa. Its a 91 Spider Veloce 60k miles bought from original owner. Finally feeding my Italian soul. I'm looking forward to the restoration process and loving the drive!Name:  IMG00571.jpg
Views: 1344
Size:  53.7 KB
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-30-2009, 11:09 AM

1967 GTV
A couple of pics of my GTV. She is a great driver with the original drive train & original dark grey interior in great condition. She has absolutetly no rust & I have been enjoying driving her (on sunny days). Originally ochre yellow, I am trying to decide on what original color to paint her. Pending the completion of some of my other projects I will give her a total restoration.

Last edited by Ralph; 07-30-2009 at 11:12 AM.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:19 AM
Platinum Subscriber

Congratulations on the Alfa purchase. These cars stir the imagination, and passions of their owners.

Sweet looking GTV, if I were looking for one I think that would be the year I'd look for. I find I'm developing a taste for the sedans the more I look at them. I like the styling of the sprints and GTVs lots more than the Berlinas.

Russell
Old 07-30-2009, 11:29 AM

Ralph-

Yep, she's a beauty! Welcome to the BB!

Regards.

ps---More photos?
Old 07-30-2009, 11:54 AM

Thanks for the compliments. I will take some more photos & dig up a picture when it was the original color.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:24 PM

That is a real beauty. Why do you think it needs total restoration?
Old 07-30-2009, 01:52 PM
Platinum Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
Originally ochre yellow, I am trying to decide on what original color to paint her.
there's only one original color

but why restore? She looks great, and if she has no rust, probably would not touch it....unless you want to go back to the original color

Currently no Alfas in the stable

Previously:
'76 Alfasud Ti/'75 GT Junior/'87 Alfa 33
'91 Alfa 75/'95 Alfa 164/'79 Alfa Spider '69 Euro 1750 GTV, '67 Duetto, '84 Spider Veloce
'91 164L
Old 07-31-2009, 06:28 AM

I would definitely leave it alone if it hadn't been painted already. The finish looks better in the pictures than it really is. I know therre is only one "original" color for the car. But i'm not sure if I like the yellow. Anyone have an ochre yellow GTV that they can post pictures of. I'm also curious of the general concensus of keepig it the "original" color as opposed to changing it to another that was offered at the time on GTVs. Would this detract from the value?
Old 07-31-2009, 06:37 AM
Platinum Subscriber

I don't know if this really translates from real estate to automotive but lets see. A good landscape job, and paved driveway may not impact the value of a home as much as the saleability and desirabilty of it.

So original color may increase the desirability to some customers. But I don't think it would affect value so much.

Russell
Old 07-31-2009, 02:59 PM

I believe there is an element within the Alfa community that would value a car more if it was all oiginal, especially the colour. There are no bad colours for these cars, yellow ochre in fact looks sharp, (but thats only my opinion). Remember however that value lies not in rationality but emotion and those that put a premium on originality are more likely to pay that little extra. Red anyway is for the common man (unless original of course).
Old 07-31-2009, 05:53 PM
Platinum Subscriber

My Tastes

I think I've figured it out! When I first saw the sprints, and then the GTV sedans, I was younger and nothing could out do the styling of the spider.

But a decade of looking at undescript bars fo soap and freaking SUVs has made me come to appreciate the more difinite but subtle stylings.
R
Old 07-31-2009, 05:54 PM
Gold Subscriber

I have always thought it is best to keep a car in its original colour or an original colour for the model. If you are going to change the colour the problem is that you have to repaint every nook and cranny or it is obvious that it has been changed. There is nothing worse than a red car with yellow under the boot lid or bonnet. I have seen people repaint cars in unbelievably bad colours. I used to have a 1956 beetle that was the rare Coral Red, (or Manley Tan in Australia) and the current owner apparently repainted it in a horrible green. I haven't seen it and don't want to, or I might cry. All of the colours on Beetles in that period were nice pastel shades.
1990 75 3 litre Potenziata (grey, sadly deceased due to fire).
1988 75 3 litre (red).
2000 156 2 litre Twin Spark, ( Cosmos Blu metallic), daughter's new daily driver.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:28 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to JEFFDHURLEY1
Pics Of The New Spider

hopefully i did this right
Attached Images

Old 08-03-2009, 09:39 AM

WOW! Very nice Jeff!

Where'd the 'spokes' come from?

Regards.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.