Post a pic of your alfa! - Page 146 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 07-12-2008, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Csank View Post
Hi,

Welcome to the BB! Yes, there are quite a few nice, older Alfas in the USA. Some are used for shows and joyrides, but most Alfisti in the USA drive their Alfas very regularly, and most own more than one Alfa. For example, I drive a 1988 Alfa Milano Verde (in Europe, these are usually known as the Alfa 75 3.0L America) as my daily vehicle.

The reason we do not generally import any newer Alfas is that US law requires that imported cars meet all the US government mandated design requirements, which none of the post 1994 Alfas were designed to meet. Therefore, they are not eligible to be registered for the street. If somebody imported a 156 (for example), they would have to use it only on the track or for display purposes. There are a few minor exceptions and some (very few) cars have been imported by bending the rules a little, but it can be very expensive and difficult to do.
Add to that the problem(if one doesn't have the capacity or facilities to work on those Alfas), of finding any Alfa Techs that are even familiar w/ those models---Alfa hasn't been in the USA for 13 years! Plus importing parts is a huge pain.

Regards.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2008, 10:01 AM

Thumbs up

Hey Alex

Thanks
It is very clear answer - so I'am getting wiser on the matter.

Still I can be a bit supprised. When we in Europe on TV see, what Bud Carrington and Overhaul is getting along with, totally rebuilding a standardcar to a "one of a kind" .It is oddly, that a new crashtested car has a problem with the authorities, when imported my a private person.

For your information:
Here in Denmark a carfactory also have to get a generel approval of a new model to have the licence to sell the cars without every single car has to go to authorized inspections, but when you as a private person import a car - or bring it back home, if you have lived abroad, you can have a single car approval, and the danish inspectors are seldom though on car, approved of in other "nice" continents as f.e. Australia or US.

Old cars don't even come close to the demands of the danish authorities of today, but still they can get their numberplates, if the are original and fullfill some basic demands on breakingcability and lights.

My old russian cars are the only one's in the country of there kind, and the inspector hade never seen one before, but they got a thumbs up

Welcome to GAZ veteran - By Jens Anton - Denmark

Yours Jens Anton
Attached Images

Alfa Romeo 159 1,9 JTS(#1) - Alfa Romeo 156 2,0 JTS(wife)
Alfa Romeo 145 1,6 TSpark(son) - Alfa Romeo 1750 Spider Veloce (1969)

Last edited by The Dane; 07-14-2008 at 02:09 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-13-2008, 11:12 AM

OK, here we go-

First up, my (sadly now deceased) 75 TS Veloce, the infamous "Jak"

Unfortunately, every part of the car that you can't see in the picture was rotten. So I've bought this instead.

As you can see, I kept the wheels from the old one! There are quite a few other bits that "crossed over" too! No track photos yet, I've only owned it a month or so but hope to remedy this at the Nurburgring in August. Way to break in a new car!

Then there's my Fiat (Fix It Again Toni) 125. Often mistaken for a Lada. It's got a 1600 twincam with 99 bhp and is way faster than it looks. Handling is "interesting"!

Old 07-13-2008, 11:31 AM

Happy Bastille Day!

My Wife, my girlfriend, and my mistress in the Giulietta
Attached Images

Old 07-13-2008, 11:51 AM
Gold Subscriber

Here is my 84 3.0 GTV.........
I have dreamed of owning one for 25 years and a few months ago I made it a reality!!!!
Attached Images

'68 Maserati Mexico..4.2 rebuilt....Beautiful
'99 Subaru WRX..Huge performance upgrade almost complete...
'08 Chev Lumina 6.0 Daily driver.. FUN,FUN,FUN!

My rebuild.... [url]http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/car-restoration/96381-my-74-gtv.html[/url]
Old 07-13-2008, 12:48 PM

Thumbs up More pictures of Alfa Romeo Giulia GT 1300 Junior 1967

Opinions?
Attached Images

Old 07-13-2008, 12:53 PM

Thumbs up

More pictures of my Alfa Romeo Giulia GT 1300 Junior 1967 - " Musk Green "

" Scalino" or step-nose
Attached Images

Old 07-15-2008, 12:16 PM

Thumbs up

Alfa Romeo Giulia GT 1300 Junior 1967 " Musk Green " 1 Series in Madeira Island - Portugal

Itīs a Dream!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message of Arquivo Storico Alfa Romeo - Arese

Dear Mister Pestana,

with reference to your request we are informing you as follows.

According to our documentation files, the chassis number AR 1215XXXX originally corresponds to an Alfa Romeo GT 1300 Junior (105.30), manufactured on the 17th November 1967 and sold on the 6th February 1968 in Angola.
The body colour is musk green (AR 209), with wild boar leather skai interiors.

Yours, Sincerely,

Marco Fazio
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 07-18-2008, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacoAlfa View Post
Not the best image quality but not bad if you think that a cell phone was used

Hallo Jaco hier auch...natuerlich bis sonntag im modena sud!!!
Old 07-22-2008, 09:36 AM

1989 Milano Gold photos

This was a restoration/ rescue of a 1989 Milano that had been neglected. No longer incurably forlorn, it now is struttin' its' stuff and prancing like a deer in hunting season, without the antlers. Jetta like at a quick glance, the awsome balance speaks of a fine heritage and Italian manners, ferrariesque if you will. Break out the champaign, here comes the champ.
Attached Images

'89 Milano Gold
'93 164L auto
'95 Corvette C4 targa auto
'00 BMW 323 Sportwagon auto [wife's car]

The Rock
Old 07-23-2008, 06:21 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to KrisBG
It's not classic, but it's old

Old 07-23-2008, 08:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to lgbalfa Send a message via Skype™ to lgbalfa
Quote:
Originally Posted by romroc View Post
This was a restoration/ rescue of a 1989 Milano that had been neglected. No longer incurably forlorn, it now is struttin' its' stuff and prancing like a deer in hunting season, without the antlers. Jetta like at a quick glance, the awsome balance speaks of a fine heritage and Italian manners, ferrariesque if you will. Break out the champaign, here comes the champ.
beautiful milano!
Old 07-24-2008, 07:33 AM

Hi my Gt 3200 V6
Attached Images

Old 07-24-2008, 07:41 AM

jonny67:

The GT is drop-dead-gorgeous! Unfortunately, here in the USA we only get to see "pictures" of beautiful Alfas like yours

Regards.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:45 AM

My Alfa GTV 6

My Cars:

'86 Alfa GTV 6 red
'91 Alfa Spider 2000 metallic red
'91 Alfa Spider 2000 ginestra yellow
'04 Alfa GT 3200 V6

jonny67
Attached Images

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.