Post a pic of your alfa! - Page 131 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 04-04-2008, 01:44 AM

wheels

Guys,

I like all your cars, but why do most of you, and please don't take offense here, but it does need to be said, have such NAFF Wheels, you really spoil the cars beauty by having gold rims, black powder rims, or to wide tires.
So come on guys we all have implacable taste or we wouldn't be driving these beauties, would we ?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2008, 03:25 AM
Gold Subscriber

Send a message via Skype™ to Alex Csank
Quote:
Originally Posted by superleggera260 View Post
I like all your cars, but why do most of you, and please don't take offense here, but it does need to be said, have such NAFF Wheels, you really spoil the cars beauty by having gold rims, black powder rims, or to wide tires.
So come on guys we all have implacable taste or we wouldn't be driving these beauties, would we ?
Please try to recognize that there are all kinds of different Alfa tastes. Alfas were NEVER kept stock...check out what ENZO did with his Alfas!

Some folks prefer modern Alfas, others prefer older cars. Some like them stock and others like them modified. Some regions of the world like white-walled tires. Not everyone has your taste in Alfas. And there is NOTHING wrong with that.

So, please continue to enjoy your lovely stock Touring Spider, which I know you love. I will continue to drive and love my more modern (and modified) '88 Milano (75) 3.0L Verde, my slightly modified '82 Spider and my '84 GTV6 Maratona, while others will do the same with their own wonderful Alfas - RWD, FWD, AWD, 4, 6 or 8 cylinder, boxer, in-line or V engined...there's room for everyone here.
Attached Images

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro! - Hunter S. Thompson 1971
Bianco 1985 GTV6 "Tramontana" (North Wind)
President, Alfa Romeo Club of Canada & Club Alfa Romeo de Montréal
AROC USA, ARCC & CARM Social Media Chair (Facebookie)

Member: A.O.N.E., St. Louis & Capital Chapter AROC and Scuderia Non-Originale (SNO)
Club Alfa Romeo De Montreal (CARM): www.clubalfaromeodemontreal.com
alfaromeodriveralex@gmail.com
(514) 771-9513

Last edited by Alex Csank; 04-04-2008 at 04:26 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-04-2008, 03:32 AM

wheels

Hey, I know and agree, that was just my opinion.

BTW I see by looking at your cars that the wheels are still original

Regards

Richard
Old 04-04-2008, 05:05 AM

different strokes for diff......

Alex

Well said

74 GTV Finally
79 Fiat Spider
Old 04-04-2008, 10:04 PM

What wheels and suspension are on your car? The stance is stellar.
Old 04-04-2008, 10:35 PM

Thats just it, people should keep there thoughts to themselfs IF you have a good hard look not just on this forum but in the real world you too would see many cars that are not original. Rims or exhaust or a set off seats maybe a colour change it is the owners choice and that is part off owning a car even if it is you car you drive to work and the shops people are all diffrent if we werent life would be boring wouldnt it. besides alot off the early alfa rims where a bit what was it NAFF SO MAYBE YOU SHOULDNT THROW STONES IF U LIVE A GLASS HOUSE.
Old 04-05-2008, 04:22 AM
Gold Subscriber

Send a message via Skype™ to Alex Csank
Quote:
Originally Posted by superleggera260 View Post
BTW I see by looking at your cars that the wheels are still original
My '82 Spider has original wheels and suspension. However, the 4 tires I put on the day before yesterday are 205/60-14 B.F. Goodrich Traction T/A 'H' High-Performance All-Season Radials. They look great and offer much better performance (to me) than any of the available tires in the stock 185/70-14 sizes.

My '88 Milano Verde wears non-stock 16x7 'LM' wheels, which were on the car when I got it. They are shod with 205/45-16 'W' General Exclaim UHP Ultra-High Performance Radials. The car sits lower than stock with performance springs, torsion bars, sway bars and Koni 'yellow' shocks. It hits the exhaust on almost any speed bumps, driveway entrances or roads with big crowns...but it sure handles well and is great fun to drive!

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro! - Hunter S. Thompson 1971
Bianco 1985 GTV6 "Tramontana" (North Wind)
President, Alfa Romeo Club of Canada & Club Alfa Romeo de Montréal
AROC USA, ARCC & CARM Social Media Chair (Facebookie)

Member: A.O.N.E., St. Louis & Capital Chapter AROC and Scuderia Non-Originale (SNO)
Club Alfa Romeo De Montreal (CARM): www.clubalfaromeodemontreal.com
alfaromeodriveralex@gmail.com
(514) 771-9513
Old 04-05-2008, 08:18 AM

Send a message via AIM to lgbalfa Send a message via Skype™ to lgbalfa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Csank View Post
Please try to recognize that there are all kinds of different Alfa tastes. Alfas were NEVER kept stock...check out what ENZO did with his Alfas!

Some folks prefer modern Alfas, others prefer older cars. Some like them stock and others like them modified. Some regions of the world like white-walled tires. Not everyone has your taste in Alfas. And there is NOTHING wrong with that.

So, please continue to enjoy your lovely stock Touring Spider, which I know you love. I will continue to drive and love my more modern (and modified) '88 Milano (75) 3.0L Verde, my slightly modified '82 Spider and my '84 GTV6 Maratona, while others will do the same with their own wonderful Alfas - RWD, FWD, AWD, 4, 6 or 8 cylinder, boxer, in-line or V engined...there's room for everyone here.
beautiful milano.
Old 04-05-2008, 11:45 AM

Hmmmmm.....
If people kept their thoughts to themselves, it would be very quiet on the BB.
Randy
Old 04-05-2008, 04:48 PM

Smile

That’s fair enough but people are all different and they don’t want there cars to be clones off each others by buying a set off rims which are bigger wider or what not makes the car that bit different to the other alfa which might be parked next to it personalising it is part of the fun owning a car weather it's a alfa or bmw porshce or so on. Make your car your own give it your touch after all it's your car that sits in your garage.
Attached Images

Old 04-05-2008, 07:03 PM

My new Gt 1600 Jr. Original RHD car imported from Cypress. Odometer reads 39k miles. I got pulled over twice today because cops wanted to get a better look at it..

Last edited by Lotus67; 04-05-2008 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Pics weren't working
Old 04-06-2008, 01:40 AM

Very,Very Nice!
Old 04-06-2008, 05:30 AM
Platinum Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus67 View Post
My new Gt 1600 Jr. Original RHD car imported from Cypress. Odometer reads 39k miles. I got pulled over twice today because cops wanted to get a better look at it..
Gorgeous! Welcome to the BB, too.

When the polizia pull me over, they always want to admire my driver's license, registration and insurance card
1955 1900CSS (R.I.P.)
Old 04-06-2008, 09:59 AM

Send a message via AIM to AlfaNewB Send a message via MSN to AlfaNewB
the car looks good with that color combo and so on, but the grill that is a rare part, i dotn see that grill to often is that from an olde model or just a euro version?? i like it better then the other grill im use to seeing
Old 04-06-2008, 02:29 PM

Just got it running last night!
'85 GTV6

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.