Old 01-27-2008, 07:11 AM
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Send a message via Skype™ to Anfanuts
Berlinas Are Hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasparon View Post
Very nice car Bruce!!, and Berlina's are hot
I looked long and hard at that plum/tan Berlina on e-Bay recently as that was about the condition (partial resto) I let mine go in - to my daughter at college of all fates who SOLD it.
- Pinyo - '72 Super, 2L/4.30LSD (pictures)(and more) - for that late mid-life crisis!!
- Gina Lolo Bianca - '65 early Series 1 Super, white/lt.blue-gray, stock 1600/4.56 (pics)(more pics) (Blog) - for the heck of it now!!!
- Mr Meconium- '73 Giulia Super 1.6, Giallo Piper/black, very stock (pics) - for another Euro trip?
Gone-
- El Blanco - '75 Super, ex-Nuova to earlier Super style, 2L/4.30LSD, white/gray-black - pics - SOLD
- Colonel Mustard - '67 Giulia Sprint GTV, Giallo Ocra/black, very stock, 1600 (pics) - LINK
- '70 1300 TI, 2L/4.10LSD, white/black - for a short while only . . .
- Benjamin - '76 ex-Nuova to 1600 Super (pics) - for the 2011 Euro trip
- '69 1750 Berlina (wish I still had)
Links
Pinyo's 2010, 10 wk, 8000 mi "Super" Euro-Trip Blog - LINK
Benjamin's 2011, 7 week, 3500 mile "Super2" Euro-Trip Blog - LINK
Gina Lolo's 2011 Alfa Convention, 3350 mile Roadtrip blog - LINK
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2008, 12:44 PM

Send a message via MSN to AlfistAfula

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-27-2008, 12:46 PM

Send a message via MSN to AlfistAfula

Last edited by AlfistAfula; 01-27-2008 at 12:48 PM.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:28 PM

Here's my almost completely restored 1978 Spider

Here's a shot of my almost completely restored 1978 Spider. I need just one more piece--a tiny bumper trim piece for the passenger side. Any ideas anyone (see photo--the little black piece at the end of the metal strip)?

Thanks
Attached Images

Old 01-29-2008, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfistAfula View Post
PLEASE tell me the pop rivets(or are they screws?) are just a temp fix while your getting everything aligned...and that your going to weld it in...scary thought thinking a door hinge held onto a car by pop rivets
Old 01-29-2008, 03:32 AM

I Hope they are only test patches of metal for that sprint. Better form work after basic shapes are made. Jason
Old 01-29-2008, 06:09 AM
Platinum Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh0rtlife View Post
PLEASE tell me the pop rivets(or are they screws?) are just a temp fix while your getting everything aligned...and that your going to weld it in...scary thought thinking a door hinge held onto a car by pop rivets
OMG

Currently no Alfas in the stable

Previously:
'76 Alfasud Ti/'75 GT Junior/'87 Alfa 33
'91 Alfa 75/'95 Alfa 164/'79 Alfa Spider '69 Euro 1750 GTV, '67 Duetto, '84 Spider Veloce
'91 164L
Old 01-29-2008, 06:10 AM
Platinum Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctalcroft View Post
Here's a shot of my almost completely restored 1978 Spider. I need just one more piece--a tiny bumper trim piece for the passenger side. Any ideas anyone (see photo--the little black piece at the end of the metal strip)?

Thanks
sweet spider!!!

Currently no Alfas in the stable

Previously:
'76 Alfasud Ti/'75 GT Junior/'87 Alfa 33
'91 Alfa 75/'95 Alfa 164/'79 Alfa Spider '69 Euro 1750 GTV, '67 Duetto, '84 Spider Veloce
'91 164L
Old 01-29-2008, 11:17 AM

Thanks for the compliment

Hey, thanks

Around here there is no one to admire it but me, so I really appreciate the compliment. It was just repainted the original color (Chocolate Brown) about a month ago (beautiful job! Looks like new), I found the original color carpets. They just went in last week--not without some problems--but they are in now. I still have to replace the door gaskets--although I have those and they are ready to go. Otherwise, it's just that silly little bumper piece. Oh, and I even got the vent window latches to go back on. I got this Spider about 8 years ago from my stepmother, so it's been a one-family car. The interior was nearly perfect except for two small dash cracks--but somehow they don't seem authentic without dash cracks--and badly faded carpet. The engine was rebuilt (top-end) about six months ago and it drives beautifully. 97,000 miles on it. Anyway, I'm very pleased with it. That one little piece continues to annoy me, though!

Colin
Old 01-29-2008, 01:48 PM
Senior Texas Member
Gold Subscriber

Colin, Congrats. on a job nicely done! Looks really good.
Can't help you with the end cap as mine did not have them.
Good luck on your search and add more pictures when you can.

(You know you drive the best year Spider. John M. would agree )

Bill ("Plays well with others")
1978 Spider Veloce
Old 01-29-2008, 02:09 PM

More photos on the Series 2 Spider thread

Don't want to double post photos, but, if you are interested, there are a couple more in the Series 2 Spider thread in the Picture Room.

Colin
Old 01-31-2008, 11:41 AM

this is my racing version of a 156. currently it's got the standard 2.5 v6, but in 2 weeks time its going to be a road-rally spec 3.3. the interior has been stripped and a sparco cage installed. also have semi slick toyo's and koni shocks. it's been lowered and some work has been done on the suspension. i am also currently fitting a set of GTA brakes, the brembo 4 pot ones. if everything goes to plan it's going to put a bigger smile on my face .

hope you like it!
Old 01-31-2008, 04:34 PM
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Send a message via Skype™ to Anfanuts
Luggage Rack

Quote:
Originally Posted by gprocket View Post
BTW, is your trunk fitted with a luggage rack? If so, I would love to see a picture of it on. I am considering installing one but not if it is too clumsy looking.
Here is a snap of the luggage rack that came on the car. I took it off shortly after I bought it and it's been hanging in garages rusting. There were 4 bolts through the deck lid with rubber pads below, angled spacers and chrome bolt tops. There is a new thread on racks here.

Thanks and regards, Bruce
Attached Images

- Pinyo - '72 Super, 2L/4.30LSD (pictures)(and more) - for that late mid-life crisis!!
- Gina Lolo Bianca - '65 early Series 1 Super, white/lt.blue-gray, stock 1600/4.56 (pics)(more pics) (Blog) - for the heck of it now!!!
- Mr Meconium- '73 Giulia Super 1.6, Giallo Piper/black, very stock (pics) - for another Euro trip?
Gone-
- El Blanco - '75 Super, ex-Nuova to earlier Super style, 2L/4.30LSD, white/gray-black - pics - SOLD
- Colonel Mustard - '67 Giulia Sprint GTV, Giallo Ocra/black, very stock, 1600 (pics) - LINK
- '70 1300 TI, 2L/4.10LSD, white/black - for a short while only . . .
- Benjamin - '76 ex-Nuova to 1600 Super (pics) - for the 2011 Euro trip
- '69 1750 Berlina (wish I still had)
Links
Pinyo's 2010, 10 wk, 8000 mi "Super" Euro-Trip Blog - LINK
Benjamin's 2011, 7 week, 3500 mile "Super2" Euro-Trip Blog - LINK
Gina Lolo's 2011 Alfa Convention, 3350 mile Roadtrip blog - LINK
Old 01-31-2008, 09:20 PM
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by njzammit View Post
this is my racing version of a 156. currently it's got the standard 2.5 v6, but in 2 weeks time its going to be a road-rally spec 3.3. the interior has been stripped and a sparco cage installed. also have semi slick toyo's and koni shocks. it's been lowered and some work has been done on the suspension. i am also currently fitting a set of GTA brakes, the brembo 4 pot ones. if everything goes to plan it's going to put a bigger smile on my face .

hope you like it!
Nice!! How much power do you expect from the 3.3? Did you build it yourself? I take it that you are from New Zealand.
1990 75 3 litre Potenziata (grey, sadly deceased due to fire).
1988 75 3 litre (red).
2000 156 2 litre Twin Spark, ( Cosmos Blu metallic), daughter's new daily driver.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:55 AM

well it should be approx 300-350 bhp. yes i did build it myself, and i did the porting etc. it wasn't an easy task because it's hard to find the parts for it. and i'm new to alfa's so there are certain things which i'm not familiar with.
no actually i'm from Malta, a tiny island in the Mediterranean which nobody knows about..
by the way thanks for your interest!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.