Post a pic of your alfa! - Page 120 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 01-12-2008, 09:38 PM
Weaving a Spider's Web.
Platinum Subscriber

93 to Mom's garage

Took my 93 spider to mom's so she could be in the garage while I get the 94 fixed up.
Attached Images

2012-MB SLK350-24k km
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2008, 04:30 AM

My 164 QV 24V!

Ciaoo Erwin
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-21-2008, 10:12 AM

One of my Giulias

This is my daily driver 1966 Giulia Super
Attached Images

Old 01-21-2008, 10:48 AM
Platinum Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8221998 View Post
5 pictures just isn't enough!
I agree. Great taste in cars, the Bimmer and that Alfa!

"You're not a proper petrol head until you've owned an Alfa."
Jeremy Clarkson
Old 01-24-2008, 12:36 AM

My latest project

Good to see Bill's Super in pictures! I'll keep an eye out on the road for you Bill! This is the result of two years toil and money...getting close to being back on the road!
Attached Images

Old 01-24-2008, 12:59 AM

Looking Good

Hi Andrew it is looking good, just don't forget that you only have until the 24th of Feb to have it ready at the Italian Car Day in Perth!

Regards
Andrew M
Old 01-24-2008, 02:41 PM

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice Andrew!!!
Old 01-26-2008, 08:29 AM
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Send a message via Skype™ to Anfanuts
INTRO: '69 1750 SV Since '75

I picked this '69 US-spec 1750 SV up in 1975 for my best birthday yet. Bought at Jim Gray Imports in Long Beach, CA (now long gone). I'm the 2nd owner so it's in pretty original "OE" shape. NO rust on body or chassis. Have had time to make some tweaks such as W&D street package, sump guard, a 73 shimmed-up LSD, ca.85 Cromadora Daytonas, and of course Cibies and a Maserati tri-tone horn. There are a few non-stock bits exchanged such as the larger side view mirrors (but I have OE-type in chrome) and Euro tail light lenses (have the red-red). I retain all OE bits. Evidence emerging (skim of bondo) of slight nose bump (PO) and a couple of other small superficial bumps easily skimmed and lots of rock dings. PO had a luggage rack on the back lid (removed) and will patch holes at next repaint (yes, paint dates to a '75 cheap dealer repaint). This makes it what you call a "20 foot car" - nice looking from 20' away. Seems to have the OE top (I've replaced the rear vinyl window once). Major spec engine & tranny rebuild 12k ago, and recent major mechanical renovation of all other mechanical systems. Now working on interior rehab, next the top, and then perhaps the paint. It's a "daily driver" but not used daily.

I've been with AROC & AROSC since 1975, and now added TxHCC also. I just recently found and joined the BB (8/07). The BB rocks over the old school days of info exchange. I will ask a lot of questions and can share my very limited knowledge of 69's. I had a 69 Berlina for several years which came with 45DCOE's which really roared but had to change it back to Spica (CA smog). Wish I still had it. Interior pics later; big gaping holes with instruments out being refurbished. Thanks for your anticipated expert help! All for now. Bruce
Attached Images

- Pinyo - '72 Super, 2L/4.30LSD (pictures)(and more) - for that late mid-life crisis!!
- Gina Lolo Bianca - '65 early Series 1 Super, white/lt.blue-gray, stock 1600/4.56 (pics)(more pics) (Blog) - for the heck of it now!!!
- Mr Meconium- '73 Giulia Super 1.6, Giallo Piper/black, very stock (pics) - for another Euro trip?
Gone-
- El Blanco - '75 Super, ex-Nuova to earlier Super style, 2L/4.30LSD, white/gray-black - pics - SOLD
- Colonel Mustard - '67 Giulia Sprint GTV, Giallo Ocra/black, very stock, 1600 (pics) - LINK
- '70 1300 TI, 2L/4.10LSD, white/black - for a short while only . . .
- Benjamin - '76 ex-Nuova to 1600 Super (pics) - for the 2011 Euro trip
- '69 1750 Berlina (wish I still had)
Links
Pinyo's 2010, 10 wk, 8000 mi "Super" Euro-Trip Blog - LINK
Benjamin's 2011, 7 week, 3500 mile "Super2" Euro-Trip Blog - LINK
Gina Lolo's 2011 Alfa Convention, 3350 mile Roadtrip blog - LINK

Last edited by Anfanuts; 05-04-2008 at 01:53 PM. Reason: typos
Old 01-26-2008, 08:48 AM

Very nice car Bruce!!, and Berlina's are hot
Old 01-26-2008, 08:50 AM

Bruce-

Very nice!

Since you're going to replace the top anyway, an Alfa that nice deserves(?) a new "cloth" one! Sure would look great...

regards,
Nick
Old 01-26-2008, 09:00 AM
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

Thanks, Top Materials?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slam105 View Post
Bruce-

Very nice!

Since you're going to replace the top anyway, an Alfa that nice deserves(?) a new "cloth" one! Sure would look great...

regards,
Nick
She's bee one of the loves of my life. I know how Willie feels (Duetto register).

Interesting that you mention this (hijack here of my own thread!) as I'm debating that now. We talk a lot about OE details, down to the screws. What was the 69 SV OE top made of? This one came with my car at 6 years old. I doubt the PO replaced it. It may be OE?? It could be 38 years old (and is at least 32 years old). If so, OE 69 tops were vinyl. Who knows out there? Also, how do canvas tops hold up in hot, humid areas in the south? Pine pollen and tree sap? Seems to make the case for vinyl down here, especially if they last 30+ years.
- Pinyo - '72 Super, 2L/4.30LSD (pictures)(and more) - for that late mid-life crisis!!
- Gina Lolo Bianca - '65 early Series 1 Super, white/lt.blue-gray, stock 1600/4.56 (pics)(more pics) (Blog) - for the heck of it now!!!
- Mr Meconium- '73 Giulia Super 1.6, Giallo Piper/black, very stock (pics) - for another Euro trip?
Gone-
- El Blanco - '75 Super, ex-Nuova to earlier Super style, 2L/4.30LSD, white/gray-black - pics - SOLD
- Colonel Mustard - '67 Giulia Sprint GTV, Giallo Ocra/black, very stock, 1600 (pics) - LINK
Links

Last edited by Anfanuts; 01-26-2008 at 09:35 AM. Reason: typos
Old 01-26-2008, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anfanuts View Post
She's bee one of the loves of my life. I now how Willie feels (Duetto register).

Interesting that you mention this (hijack here of my own thread!) as I'm debating that now. We talk a lot about OE details, down to the screws. What was the 69 SV OE top made of? This one came with my car at 6 years old. I doubt the PO replaced it. It may be OE?? It could be 38 years old and is at least 32 years old. If so, OE 69 tops were vinyl. Who knows out there? Also, how do canvas tops hold up in hot, humid areas in the south? Pine pollen and tree sap? Seems to make the case for vinyl down here, especially if they last 30+ years.
Bruce-

I'm fairly new to Alfas--bought my 91 Spider in Nov. 06--so I'm not very informed about 1969's "OE", but I wouldn't be surprised if 'cloth' was a Factory Option(?), if not "OE"...

My 'cloth' top has held up pretty well. I also have a 1966 Land Rover Series IIA & it has a 'cloth'/canvas top--in 40 years I've been through 3 tops for it. I'm in So. Florida, so as far as heat, rain, & airborne 'stuff' I'd say 'cloth' holds up---but it does need more attention & up-keep! All-in-all the 'cloth' just adds a very 'classy look', and is(IMO) worth the extra effort!

Regards

Last edited by slam105; 01-26-2008 at 09:32 AM. Reason: dumb spelling
Old 01-26-2008, 09:42 AM
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

I recall there were not many "options" back in 69. The options were: SV, GTV or Berlina, and color (only a few, I have OE 69 Parts Manuals).

I totally agree with "classy" but we all get picked apart by the aficianados (you know who you are) for "non-OE" so I'm just curious. No plans to concourse, just drive hard (and that's why I may not repaint). As with "Zen & the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance", I'm always interested in the balance between form and function also, including the top's performance. Plus I'm lazy on cleaning all the time if it takes more work. Pine pollen is hard enough to get off of smooth painted surfaces once it's "set". But I do lean toward "cloth" now giving in to form. Will search around the BB or post a resto thread
Gone-
Links

Last edited by Anfanuts; 01-26-2008 at 09:44 AM. Reason: clafrify
Old 01-26-2008, 01:49 PM
Platinum Subscriber

I am quite certain that vinyl was the only choice for the Duetto. My $.02 is to stick with the vinyl. I like the cloth look better but ya know, I like best the look of the car with the top down. My top is only up on the rare occasions that I get caught in a rain storm, in the garage, and winter storage.

BTW, is your trunk fitted with a luggage rack? If so, I would love to see a picture of it on. I am considering installing one but not if it is too clumsy looking.

Thanks and beautiful car BTW!

www.nolongerbound.com

Last edited by gprocket; 01-26-2008 at 01:51 PM.
Old 01-26-2008, 02:26 PM
Born Again Boarder
Gold Subscriber

OE Top Material?

My feelings also on that topless mode. Only have it up when it's really cold or raining BUT, have put it up where it's really HOT to keep from roasting in the sun. Like down south here or in CA's San Joaquin Valley, etc.. We don't do winter storage in Austin/Houston - it's a four season car here. Had an inquiry to vendors on zippered (3 sides) rear windows for those hot occasions but they seem to only come in vinyl. Since it's not up all that much, and vinyl is cheaper and more functional, may make sense. Decisions, decisions.

Will send snap of the former rear deck lid luggage rack; it's hanging in the garage getting rusty. It looked Euro sporty but IMO damaged the classic tail lines and put quite some load on the fragile boot lid if you really used it.

Adder: in another thread, the OE top was cited as being vinyl. Good post.
Gone-
Links

Last edited by Anfanuts; 01-27-2008 at 10:53 AM. Reason: add lkink to related thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.