Weber 40 8 19.05%
Weber 45 8 19.05%
Rebuilt Spica 8 19.05%
Spica still works 20 47.62%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2005, 07:04 PM

Thumbs up 74 GTV comes out of hiding

After a 3 year hiatus my 74 GTV will once again hit the streets. Complete body work done, right done to bare metal.
New rockers,fender heels ,front windshield (perenial rust spot) rear 1/4 panel,new headliner,new carpets,dash cap,new emblems and badges. Engine reworked by Joe Cannella of Hamilton Auto Works, period wheels, and some nice Pirelli's. I have owned this ride since 1980 and still haven't gotten around to putting a radio in it.Probably never will. Rebuild spica and Stebro SS exhaust. Let the fun begin.Ed
Attached Images

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2005, 01:30 AM

Nice restoration - I esp like those fender heels - was thinking of putting them on my GT 1300 Junior - where did you get your parts and was parts availability good. I am the same as you with regard to installing a radio on my GT 1300 - have had it since 1999 and still on the 'to do' list
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-02-2005, 05:58 AM
Platinum Subscriber

Look great Ed. Once spring comes, you should bring it out to the Toronto club's monthly tire kicking sessions so I can see it in person!
Alfa Dogs #13
Oakville, ON

74 GTV Race Car, 73 GTV
Old 03-02-2005, 06:31 AM

My 74 GTV needs some of the work you just did and I was wondering where you got the replacement sheet metal parts from? Good to see another Canadian GTV on the road.
Old 03-02-2005, 06:38 AM

Great job!! Enjoy her!!
I noticed you have a moon roof, was that from the dealer or did you do it.
Could you post more pics of the moonroof and its mechanicals.

Thanks
Old 03-02-2005, 07:47 AM

Ed
Nice to see your project completed!
Regarding that radio: Why would you want to spoil the sensuous sound of that Stebro exhaust?
Old 03-02-2005, 08:07 AM

74 Alfa Unleashed this spring.

www.highwoodalfa.com Is the firm I used for the fender heel pieces, rockers and Euro spec side markers. In England where this firm is located they only had amber side markers and no red ones for the rear. I went with all yellow. The Euro spec lights fit right in the US side marker hole. The sunroof was a factory item. The car's first owner was from a small tobacco farming community in South Western Ontario. I met him 4 years ago to go over the details of the car. For him to own this car in 1973 (when he purchased it) is like the hen loose in the foxes den. That area of the Province was F150 country only. Talk about not seeing yourself coming the other way. Interesting fella, now a jazz muscian. I will post more restoration shots and thank you all for your kind words. To the Toronto crowd, we met last summer while on the tour of the Straford Festival and hope to hook up with any Alfa's heading to the Glen 2005 for the Alfa Marque party. Ed
Attached Images

Old 03-02-2005, 08:31 AM

Link to Highwood Alfa updated

http://www.come.to/highwood Try this link to the people in England who helped me out. Extremely fast service. I emailed on a Thursday, they replied on Fri.,I ordered Fri. and the parts where on my doorstep the following Wed. That's smokin fast. The British currency was not as strong and parts where on hand vs. waiting 2 months for parts out of the Good Ole US of A. All the best on your restorations. This car has been a hoot since I've owned it.
Upgrades have been suspension lowered and stiffer springs,shocks,K&N filter on the Spica rail, electronic ignition,(should have done that long ago),Momo rims, Pirelli 6000 tires,rebuilt engine with 10:1 compression pistons/liners rebuilt lower end and reworked head with trick cam and reprofiled spica to match. Red line around 8000. (high praise to Joe Cannella on the engine rebuild)Tends to make the locals stand up and take notice when this puppy fires up and the stebro let's loose. Ed
Old 03-02-2005, 08:32 AM
Platinum Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap10ed
www.highwoodalfa.com To the Toronto crowd, we met last summer while on the tour of the Straford Festival and hope to hook up with any Alfa's heading to the Glen 2005 for the Alfa Marque party. Ed
Ed, Some of us are already registered for the Glen. There probably will be several groups of us heading down depending on how long you plan to attend. I look forward to seeing your car in person.
Alfa Dogs #13
Oakville, ON

74 GTV Race Car, 73 GTV
Old 03-02-2005, 06:09 PM

Nice work!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.