Alfa Parts on Ferrari cars - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

5Likes
  • 4 Post By ARwrench
  • 1 Post By ARwrench

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

Alfa Parts on Ferrari cars

I have noticed that there are a number of Alfa parts that are used on various Ferrari cars. The parts that interchange are lighting, switches, coils, door handles, trim and other electrical components. I know that Weber side draft carbs were used on early Lamborghini cars and some Ferrari racing cars.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 07:38 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum Subscriber

Garage
A lot of Italian cars share components. It's not just Alfa and Ferrari.

Brian __________________________________
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 09:27 AM

I'm looking at a '78 308 right now and when I sat in it and reached down to adjust the seat my fingers grasped a very familiar feeling knurled knob on a dog-legged bar.

Paul - 1972 Spider - (2)1991 164S's - 1983 308 - 2001 Discovery - 1997 F350

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 01:14 PM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

I have seen various Italian cars like De Tomaso, Maserati, Lancia, Fiat and even Pegaso (Spanish car designed by former Ferrari personnel) that used parts that are found on Alfa Romeo cars. The only problem with buying parts that interchange with other cars is the price. I know that Marelli B200 ignition coils are used on some Ferrari and Lancia cars that are much more expensive. I looked a friend's Daytona Spider and commented that his car used 1750 GTV lighting components. I also realize that there might been some mechanical parts that interchange as well like bearings, windshield wiper motors and emblems.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 02:28 PM

Location: Transplanted from Holland to The Armpit of New Jersey
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuni123456 View Post
I have noticed that there are a number of Alfa parts that are used on various Ferrari cars.
No....various Ferrari parts are used on Alfa's

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough”
Oo--V--oO There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness".
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-28-2016, 10:35 AM

Like GTV6 power window switches used in 308s 328 etc.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2016, 06:16 AM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
Brico cigarette lighters!!!
Also, I recently tried to get my headlight/turn signal switch rebuilt. The guy was funny, he told me that he would build my switch for $600 and that it was a bargain because the same switch is in some Ferraris and he charges $1400 for those!!

Nick S.

1974 Spider

Last edited by ntvnyer; 11-29-2016 at 06:19 AM. Reason: added an idea
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
Gold Subscriber

A friend of mine owns a Daytona Spyder and a 275 GTB4. He did not tell me which car did not start but, one of the cars used two Bendix electric fuel pumps just like the GTA. I told him to take the pumps off the car and clean the filters. He said that he removed the pumps and cleaned the filters. The car started after he installed the pumps. I also told him to use gasoline preservative in all of his cars to prevent problems with the fuel system.

I should have bought a 1953 340 Mexico Spider instead of my new 1977 Alfetta Sedan. I test drove Ferrari and Lamborghini cars before buying my Alfetta Sedan. The cars were the same price and now the Alfetta Sedan has virtually no value compared to the other cars.

Last edited by kuni123456; 02-20-2017 at 10:00 PM.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 12:57 AM
Gold Subscriber

Garage
About the strangest car I seen Alfa parts on is the hideous neoclassic Stutz IV-Porte. Check the door handles.

Name:  Stutz IV-Porte-01.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  38.4 KB

Name:  Stutz IV-Porte-02.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  36.7 KB

Brad
'69 Series 1 GTV (105.51)

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 02:49 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARwrench View Post
No....various Ferrari parts are used on Alfa's
I beg to differ Alfa Romeo birthed Ferrari..... let us not forget History.....
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 07:22 AM

Location: Transplanted from Holland to The Armpit of New Jersey
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frasca View Post
I beg to differ Alfa Romeo birthed Ferrari..... let us not forget History.....

Oh boy...
Tom Frasca likes this.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough”
Oo--V--oO There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness".

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode