Fulvia Sport advice - Page 3 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 09:00 AM

Nice to hear it is our car. I spoke to my dad last night and he confirmed the car was sold to someone close to Cologne but Aachen is close enough.
cheers Robin

Lotus Elan plus two 1969, Alfa giulietta spider 1960, Lancia Appia saloon 1957
Lancia Fulvia Sport 1969
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1,6 HF View Post
It makes no real difference, as the 5-speed doesn't have overdrive gearing. With either the 4-speed or the 5-speed, top gear is direct.
Thanks Ed for your correction.

cheers Robin

Lotus Elan plus two 1969, Alfa giulietta spider 1960, Lancia Appia saloon 1957
Lancia Fulvia Sport 1969
post #33 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-24-2016, 09:31 AM Thread Starter
blocked by bigblock
Platinum Subscriber

Garage
I have it on the road now. The documents say that the color is Giada Bettole, which seems not to be an original Zagato color.

The purchase was intended as "plug and play" and the test drive did not show mayor problems. But when I drove the first 100 km the engine stalled and was only running on high revs, second gear sometimes popping out when going downhill without load and the car loosing a lot of fuel when parked in the garage.

It seemed as if my test drive had been made with a different car.

Today I dismantled the carbs, put them in the ultrasonic cleaning, remounted them and did a basic adjustment. Tightend the ring nut of the filler neck, which had gone loose.

The car started within a second, had all four working right away and responded to the pedal as I expect it from a Fulvia. Immediately went for a ride up and down the hills.

All problems are gone, even the gear pop out did not appear again. (Maybe it was due to the extremely shaking drivetrain, will keep an eye on that)

Installed a hidden exterior socket to connect the battery charger without having to open the hood every time.

It is a fantastic car.

Thanks to all of you sharing your opinions, thoughts and advice!!!!

Hubert
Attached Images

Lokki likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Flaminia GT 3C, Flaminia Convertibile 3C, Flavia Convertibile 1.8, A112 Abarth, Flaminia Coupé 2.5, Fulvia Sport 1.3S

Last edited by Tedesco; 11-24-2016 at 09:51 AM.

post #34 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-24-2016, 09:50 AM

that's a terrific looking car Hubert,
glad you have it sorted now. i like the idea of the external battery charger hook up. i wish i would have thought of that! i would do something like that but my battery disconnect is under the hood so i have to raise it anyway. guess it doesn't hurt to take a peek at things now and then as well...
best regards,
brian

brian
s1 fulvia sport, s3 appia vignale
post #35 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-25-2016, 04:44 AM

Beautiful garage setting pics. I did not have a need for a battery charger until I replaced the inoperative electric clock (S2 coupe). The clock now drains the battery enough to necessitate either the charger or more frequent drives.
post #36 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 11:17 AM Thread Starter
blocked by bigblock
Platinum Subscriber

Garage
Some winter pics

Hubert
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Flaminia GT 3C, Flaminia Convertibile 3C, Flavia Convertibile 1.8, A112 Abarth, Flaminia Coupé 2.5, Fulvia Sport 1.3S

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode