Flaminia Coupé -the Bugatti-Wagen- - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 236 (permalink) Old 10-24-2013, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian Wood View Post
These are great I would love a set of those, there similar pictures in the repair manual but not as nicely laid out.

Here is another Flaminia curiosity
Apparently passing the Category B exam qualifies one to drive a Flaminia.

I'm particularly fond of this ad, and have long wished for a better scan of it. Più potente, più veloce . . .
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 236 (permalink) Old 10-25-2013, 10:20 AM
Gold Subscriber

I would also be very interested in purchasing digital files of the scans of the technical posters.

Thanks,
Dave

Dave
Drivers: '63 Spider '74 Berlina
Projects: '58 Sprint, '59 Flaminia berlina, '63 Appia Berlina, '63 Flavia coupe, and Bernie the Berlina.
post #18 of 236 (permalink) Old 11-02-2013, 09:58 AM Thread Starter
Platinum Subscriber

Garage
The front left wheel arch seemed to have had some accident, although the wing itself does not show deformation of that kind. Wanted to rectify it on the car first, then decided to remove half of the wheel arch and build a new one.

Then I wanted to go deeper, it looks worse the more I cut away. Now the left rear wing also has been removed. Next step will be removal of the middle rocker panel.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Flaminia GT 3C, Flaminia Convertibile 3C, Flavia Convertibile 1.8, A112 Abarth, Flaminia Coupé 2.5, Fulvia Sport 1.3S

post #19 of 236 (permalink) Old 11-02-2013, 09:59 AM Thread Starter
Platinum Subscriber

Garage
More pictures
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Flaminia GT 3C, Flaminia Convertibile 3C, Flavia Convertibile 1.8, A112 Abarth, Flaminia Coupé 2.5, Fulvia Sport 1.3S
post #20 of 236 (permalink) Old 11-02-2013, 01:02 PM

As always, the more you dig, the deeper the hole. Good luck

Ed
1970 Lancia Fulvia 1,6 HF
post #21 of 236 (permalink) Old 11-02-2013, 01:48 PM

I guess despite the obvious work needed none of those panels are complex and look quite easy to fabricate, something I`ve noticed with many of the coach built Italian cars of that period. It means a faster easier job for you.
Extremely jealous of your Flaminias by the way, I missed out on a Touring Coupe, the only one known to exist here in New Zealand.

Richard J
'65 Giulia Ti, '69 GT Junior, '74 2000 GTV, '76 Alfetta GTV, '77 Alfetta GTV.`00 156
post #22 of 236 (permalink) Old 11-07-2013, 09:05 AM Thread Starter
Platinum Subscriber

Garage
Richard,

you are right, most of the panels are easy to make, but the Pininfarina is much more complex than the Tourings or Zagatos. It is the number of panels that are interlaced. Anyhow, I digged down to rock bottom today, at least at the left side of the car.

Don and Dave,

I tried to send pms rearding the posters to you, but the messenger tells me. "no items sent" Please send pm to me, which I can reply to, I will give you the email of my friend then.

post #23 of 236 (permalink) Old 11-07-2013, 09:29 AM Thread Starter
Platinum Subscriber

Garage
After finally finding solid material in some corner, i started making the first repair panels, will start welding soon.
Attached Images

Last edited by Tedesco; 11-07-2013 at 09:34 AM.
post #24 of 236 (permalink) Old 11-07-2013, 09:31 AM Thread Starter
Platinum Subscriber

Garage
and more . . .
Attached Images

post #25 of 236 (permalink) Old 11-07-2013, 12:32 PM

Ouch that sure is some serious rust and deconstruction. Oh well at least you know the extent of the damage, hopefully it can only be onwards and up from here. Will be watching this restoration keenly.

Seriously hope my brother's car is no where as rusty as this, I doubt he could manage what you are. Must show him this thread though to prepare him.

"Sporting blood has run through the veins of every Alfa Romeo produced over the last **100** !!
years"
post #26 of 236 (permalink) Old 11-07-2013, 01:32 PM Thread Starter
Platinum Subscriber

Garage
It is not my first restoration and this car is not the worst I have rescued. But I assume that many of the Pininfarina Coupés that look "harmless" or even good face the same problems.

Anyhow, here are some pictures of my Flavia, also a car that was substantially too good, to scrap

On the first photo the car (or what is remaining) is upside down.

I was in NY two weeks ago and discovered a fashion brand which had the marketing slogan "fashion for the fearless". Perhaps I should wear their clothes in my shop!
Attached Images

Last edited by Tedesco; 11-07-2013 at 01:34 PM.
post #27 of 236 (permalink) Old 11-07-2013, 05:58 PM

Hubert, such a saving when you have the skills to do the work yourself, I am going to follow this thread with huge interest. I know we couldn`t afford our cars(11) if we simply had to get someone else to do it. It is great to see someone getting into projects which any would find too big, or too expensive to have done for them. This way another interesting car that might otherwise have met that great crusher in the sky gets to live again.
By the way what are those tubes running down the lhs of the car within the sills?
Also a Lancisti by the way with a Fulvia 2C Berlina, Fulvia coupe series 3, and a series 1 HPE 2000. Sadly I sold a Flavia 1.8 Coupe before I had the skills and tools I have now but do lust after a Flaminia, especially a Touring bodied example but early (pre `80`s) Lancias very very rare here.

Richard J
'65 Giulia Ti, '69 GT Junior, '74 2000 GTV, '76 Alfetta GTV, '77 Alfetta GTV.`00 156
post #28 of 236 (permalink) Old 11-10-2013, 06:59 AM

Hello Hubert

Thank you for a great thread, you obviously are a craftsman!

Al
post #29 of 236 (permalink) Old 11-10-2013, 09:02 AM Thread Starter
Platinum Subscriber

Garage
The tube is to take up the wiring loom leading to the back of the car. There is an identical one in the right hand sill. My car is a left hand drive, the wires are in the right tube. I assume that with right hand drive cars it is the other way round.

Actually I am no craftsman, I lead my working life behind a desk and a screen. But the manual work forms a good counter weight to my job.

post #30 of 236 (permalink) Old 11-10-2013, 01:28 PM

Hubert, Respekt.
Wirklich großartige Arbeiten
Hoffe, du behaltest die Energie und den Geist bei
Viele Grüße
Bernhard
P.S. Vielen Dank nochmal für die Flaminia-Bilder, die du mir geschickt hast.
War eine große Hilfe für mich !

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode