'59 Zagato 750 DB - Someone can help me?
I'm writing from Italy and I'm new of this forum so... greetings to all. I own a 1959 Abarth Zagato 750 DB (chassis 625313, Zagato body number 160)currently being restored. The car comes from USA but I don't know nothing about his history.
Recently I found, well hidden in a pocket of a door panel, two receipts (dated 1963) which can be a trace.
The first, Mars,08th,1963 was issued by European Motor Inc., Knoxville
(TN) client: Atomic Speed (and) Sport, Oak Ridge TN.
The second, dated May,12th, 1963, by Bearden Hardware & Marine, Inc.,
Knoxville, issued to Mr (or Mrs) E.S.Thomas.
So is reasonable to assume that the car, in the early sixties, was around
Knoxville (Tennessee). What’s Speed and Sport? May be a tuner or a racing team? Someone know nothing?
Some details of the car lead me to think that this can be had a sport past:
- on the engine there is a plate of a tuner: B&H Engineering (someone know
nothing about it?)
- the engine is fitted with a Mille Miglia crankshaft, lightened and
polished connecting rods.
- there is the second little radiator line under the car (this is almost
- on the inner of each rear fenders and on the floor there are the typical holes of a roll bar cage.
- each seat is fitted with seatbelts, etc.
Thank you to all, since now, for any news.