'59 Zagato 750 DB - Someone can help me? - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-03-2016, 07:54 PM

There is an Atomic Speed shop in Oak Ridge. It's a common name for the area, but who knows?

https://www.facebook.com/AtomicSpeedShop/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-06-2016, 04:00 PM

The first thing I thought of here was "American Pickers". I'm sure they would love to get their hands on this. Restorations are one of their strong suits

autoauctionmall.com
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-10-2016, 02:00 PM

Benvenuti "henrygt"

Zagato #169 ... Enrico(?) ... we may have corresponded previously?

There may be more than one car bodied by "Zagato" (and "MECAT") with a body numbered "169". If your car was bodied by MECAT, apparently a subcontractor to Zagato and Abarth, then there is a chance we will learn the actual chassis number of your car one day? I have one page from the MECAT/Abarth/Zagato ledger that shows fifteen cars, nine of which were previously unidentified in my research listings. These cars are later than your car (if it is indeed by MECAT) but I have hope that additional information will turn up one day.

Best of luck!

John de Boer
The Italian Car Registry

post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 12:01 PM

I am sick at home today and wandered into this very interesting but older thread. I have ancestors from the oak ridge/clinton area and I have an uncle who is retired from union carbide/martin Marietta who still lives there. I took a close look at the two receipts and there are a couple of things that stand out. The hardware store receipt is for a 4ft fluorescent light bulb. This means that the owner was running everyday errands in a db zagato! It must have been a sight seeing him put it in the car as well.

The auto parts receipt is even more interesting. The part number looks like a 60-70s fiat number. So I looked it up and sure enough, those 2 sleeves are actually 22 spline axle flanges from a 600d (not the 6 spline type that would have been used in 59). I would be willing to bet that he bought these, possibly to go with a set of salvaged 22 spline axles aa an upgrade after breaking an original axle. I'd love to see which type is currently on the car.

Al

Sent from my TM800A612R using Tapatalk
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 12:02 PM

Also, in the early 60s, my mother would have been driving a bianchina in oak ridge.

Sent from my TM800A612R using Tapatalk
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-24-2017, 01:31 PM
PSk

Send a message via AIM to PSk Send a message via Yahoo to PSk
Cool car!! Subscribed

Pete

'71 1750 Series 2 GTV:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
156 Series 1 v6 ... and remember it's all just opinions
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode