Vignale 8V - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 05-25-2012, 08:16 AM

Vignale 8V

I'm sure others on this forum will know a lot more about this car than I do.

What brilliantly theatrical proportions - the car looks like the exaggerated artists renderings of a '50s car ad's drawing.

Presumably this is a Michelotti design?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2012, 09:12 AM
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
Platinum Subscriber

This Vignali has been turned into a hotrod. These pictures are over 5 years old. I suspect the car has been completed and is tearing up the streets.
Attached Images

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-25-2012, 09:59 AM
Gold Subscriber

OMG!

I understand that this is (mostly) a free world and that anyone can do as they please with their stuff, but there should be laws against that!

'60 Abarth Allemano Coupe - '59 Giulietta Spider - '73 Fulvia Coupe

'30 Model A Pickup - '53 MB 300S Coupe - '54 XK120 ots - 59 MB190sl - '64 XKE ots - '64 Cooper S - '65 356SC - '68 911S - '74 VW Bus - '79 930
Old 05-25-2012, 12:09 PM
Gold Subscriber

The Vignale 8V pictured is a Michelotti design and yes, the other car didn't deserve that treatment....but is it another 8V or what?

classicvirus.com
Old 05-25-2012, 02:31 PM

Vignale-Michelotti 8V (from 1953)

photos from 2005
think chass.nr. 0069
Attached Images

Old 05-26-2012, 08:24 AM
Platinum Subscriber

Gorgeous Michelotti design. Just the right proportions with just the right amount of crazy ornamentation and chrome details. Some might say over-decorated but what do they know? A beautiful Christmas Tree deserves beautiful Christmas Tree lights ...
72 Junior Z 1600
Old 05-26-2012, 10:18 AM
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaum View Post
Gorgeous Michelotti design. Just the right proportions with just the right amount of crazy ornamentation and chrome details. Some might say over-decorated but what do they know? A beautiful Christmas Tree deserves beautiful Christmas Tree lights ...
Vignale liked very much chrome trims.
The side trim of this car have the same style of this Aurelia Vignale:

classicvirus.com
Old 05-31-2012, 07:36 PM

Does anyone know anything about the Lancia Aurelia Convertible behind the Fiat?

[I]'74 Green Spider
'79 Bronze Spider (gone but not forgotten) [/I]
Old 05-31-2012, 11:08 PM

Seems to be a 6th series B24, of no particular significance, unless I'm missing something. What arouses your curiosity?
-Steve

Last edited by B24Spider; 06-01-2012 at 11:52 AM. Reason: word correction
Old 06-01-2012, 06:50 AM

Lancia Aurelia

I owned an Aurelia convertible - B24S 1614 in the mid 60's, which I sold for some dumb reason, like going to college! It was white over red, as this one appears to be, and we had mounted a driving light on the front right side, as this one appears to be. When last seen in the States, it had been terribly neglected. I can't seem to find that picture, but here is one from the mid 60's It was my understanding it was sold in this condition to Europe, and I wondered if this might be the same car, albeit restored.
Attached Images

[I]'74 Green Spider
Old 06-01-2012, 12:28 PM

Lucky man to have had a car like that back then.

I do see that the headlamp rims look to be different, but that could easily be accounted for, and the radio antennae is not seen on the newer picture.

I have an almost 20 yr old roster from the Italian Aurelia Registry which does not list B24S-1614. You could try checking with them (Registro Aurelia Official Site - Lancia Aurelia - Aurelia B10 - Aurelia B20 - Aurelia B50), or perhaps Paolo (PG1964 on this forum) may be able to help.
-Steve
Old 06-02-2012, 01:02 AM

A B24 just popped up on ebay.it

Lancia aurelia b24 convertibile a Dronero - eBay Annunci
Old 06-02-2012, 07:24 AM

Thanks. As for my old car, the headlight rings were non original, replaced after an accident with the ones shown as I couldn't source the original type, which are available now. The other differences to the usual fitments were the taillights, which were round, added I presumed to meet US specs. They were in te original color and of Italian manufacture. I also had the very rare factory hardtop.

The last picture I saw was of a similar car in rusty condition sitting in weeds somewhere in New England (I can't find the picture). I understand it was returned to Europe.

[I]'74 Green Spider
Old 06-02-2012, 10:20 AM

250.000 Euros

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmike View Post
Popped up at 250,000 Euros, "price not negotiable!" Makes 750 Veloces seems like econo-boxes by comparison...
Old 06-02-2012, 10:40 AM

That's about the right price for a restored model, maybe even inexpensive. Aurelias are highly desirable; beautifully engineered, carefully built and very dependable, not to mention the classic Pininfarina styling. The earlier version - the Spider, with smaller bumpers and side curtains command an even greater premium, and if you can find either version with a Nardi dual carburetor kit and wire wheels, look out! A 1956 B24S cabriolet (i.e, convertible, not spider) equipped with a period Nardi kit, sold at Gooding's Scottdale this year for $561,000! Here's a link to the catalog page: http://www.goodingco.com/car/1956-la...b24s-cabriolet

[I]'74 Green Spider

Last edited by Spider 79; 06-02-2012 at 10:45 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.