Siata Daina restoration - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 07-18-2009, 05:45 AM

Siata Daina restoration

On checking of parts for my SL 0281B I found out that presumably parts of the rear axle are absent. In the spare part catalog of Fiat 1400 the parts which I do not have are illustrated. Does somebody have pictures of Siata Daina rear axle?

Nach dem Überprüfen von Teilen für meinen SL 0281B stellte ich fest, dass vermutlich Teile von der Hinterachse fehlen. In dem Ersatzteilkatalog vom Fiat 1400 sind Teile abgebildet, die ich nicht habe . Hat jemand Bilder von Siata Daina Hinterachse?
Attached Images

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2009, 06:05 AM

First a pair of technical data.

Zuerst ein Paar technische Daten.
Attached Images

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-22-2009, 06:52 AM
Banned

So your Gran Sport is a 1400 and not a 1500. There were 3 versions of the Siata Daina GS spider; one with a 1400 and two with different versions of the 1500.

The high performance version of the 1500 was in an aluminum rather than steel bodied car, and had a cut down windscreen and no top. It was rated at 85 horsepower...
Old 07-24-2009, 10:44 AM

Slowly but surely we must begin.

Langsam aber sicher muss man anfangen.
Attached Images

Old 07-24-2009, 10:56 AM

And step by step, there are more parts that are finished.

Und Schritt für Schritt werden es mehr Teile, die fertig sind.
Attached Images

Old 07-27-2009, 07:40 AM

Hi there. I may know of someone who has a spare rear axle. Will let you know in the next couple days... Di you by any chance have a spare shifter for the transmission (as pictured)? Also, any new hubcaps were made? I am also restoring a Daina 1400.

thanks,

Daniel - my e-mail is berisa@pacbell.net
Old 07-27-2009, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcone View Post
Hi there. I may know of someone who has a spare rear axle. Will let you know in the next couple days... Di you by any chance have a spare shifter for the transmission (as pictured)? Also, any new hubcaps were made? I am also restoring a Daina 1400.

thanks,

Daniel - my e-mail is berisa@pacbell.net

One can buy the hubcaps in Poland. But only for Fiat. All three offers are from a manufacturer. It can be that he can also do to Siata writing. One could make the parts for the gearshift after a pattern here, in Czech Republic. One had to pour only the baseplate from aluminum or from individual parts weld.

Die Radkappen kann man in Polen kaufen. Aber nur für Fiat. Alle drei Angebote sind von einem Hersteller. Es kann sein, das er auch Siata Schrift machen kann. Die Teile für den Schalthebel könnte man nach einem Muster hier, in der Tschechischen Republik, anfertigen. Nur die Grundplatte musste man giessen aus Aluminium oder aus Einzelteilen schweissen.

Radkappe f.Fiat 500-Siata,Topolino?-1938-54 bei eBay.de: Oldtimer-Teile (endet 04.08.09 17:48:17 MESZ)

radkappe Fiat 500-Topolino-neue! bei eBay.de: Oldtimer-Teile (endet 15.08.09 16:24:04 MESZ)

radkappe Fiat/NSU-neue! bei eBay.de: Oldtimer-Teile (endet 15.08.09 16:44:39 MESZ)
Old 07-27-2009, 10:24 AM

New poetries are on the move bought and already.

Neue Dichtungen sind gekauft und schon unterwegs.

FIAT 600 850 KIT GOMMINI POMPA FRENO 9426 bei eBay.de: Freni (endet 21.07.09 10:24:31 MESZ)
Attached Images

Old 07-28-2009, 05:49 AM

I search the position and connection of the parts which are to be seen in the pictures 26161 and 32930. Photos would be best. The parts are absent with my car.

Ich suche die Lage und Befestigung von den Teilen, die auf den Bildern 26161 und 32930 zu sehen sind. Am besten wären Fotos. Die Teile fehlen bei meinem Auto.
Attached Images

Old 07-30-2009, 10:28 AM

How is to be seen, was the car bright (?) first, then blue, red later and now?

Wie zu sehen ist , war das Auto zuerst hell (?), dann blau, später rot und jetzt?
Attached Images

Old 07-30-2009, 01:24 PM
Platinum Subscriber

Im compelled to help with some re-translations to convey better the meaning and intent of the posts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by monte carlo View Post
One can buy the hubcaps in Poland. But only for Fiat. All three offers are from a manufacturer. It can be that he can also do to Siata writing. One could make the parts for the gearshift after a pattern here, in Czech Republic. One had to pour only the baseplate from aluminum or from individual parts weld.

Die Radkappen kann man in Polen kaufen. Aber nur für Fiat. Alle drei Angebote sind von einem Hersteller. Es kann sein, das er auch Siata Schrift machen kann. Die Teile für den Schalthebel könnte man nach einem Muster hier, in der Tschechischen Republik, anfertigen. Nur die Grundplatte musste man giessen aus Aluminium oder aus Einzelteilen schweissen.

Radkappe f.Fiat 500-Siata,Topolino?-1938-54 bei eBay.de: Oldtimer-Teile (endet 04.08.09 17:48:17 MESZ)

radkappe Fiat 500-Topolino-neue! bei eBay.de: Oldtimer-Teile (endet 15.08.09 16:24:04 MESZ)

radkappe Fiat/NSU-neue! bei eBay.de: Oldtimer-Teile (endet 15.08.09 16:44:39 MESZ)
The hubcaps are available in Poland but only for Fiat. All three offers are from the same manufacturer. It may be possible that the manufacturer could provide them with the Siata script. The parts for the gear shift lever could be fabricated in teh Czech republic by means of a sample. The base plate would have to be cast in aluminum or welded together from individual parts.

Quote:
New poetries are on the move bought and already.

Neue Dichtungen sind gekauft und schon unterwegs.

FIAT 600 850 KIT GOMMINI POMPA FRENO 9426 bei eBay.de: Freni (endet 21.07.09 10:24:31 MESZ)
New gaskets have been ordered and are in the mail.

Quote:
I search the position and connection of the parts which are to be seen in the pictures 26161 and 32930. Photos would be best. The parts are absent with my car.

Ich suche die Lage und Befestigung von den Teilen, die auf den Bildern 26161 und 32930 zu sehen sind. Am besten wären Fotos. Die Teile fehlen bei meinem Auto.
I am looking for information on the location and attachment positions of the parts shown in drawings 26161 and 32930, preferably in form of photos. These parts are missing on my car.

Quote:
How is to be seen, was the car bright (?) first, then blue, red later and now?

Wie zu sehen ist , war das Auto zuerst hell (?), dann blau, später rot und jetzt?
As can be seen, the car first was painted in a lighter color (?), then blue, then red and now?
Maintainer of a 2600 SZ register (not the Dutch one).

Last edited by tubut; 07-30-2009 at 01:27 PM.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:53 AM

Siata Parts

I may be able to help with some rear axle parts. I am restoring SL0233B, X Irish /Fergus Sebring Car. I have some extra parts. I will photograph what I have. Attached are some phots as found, and at Sebring in 1952.
Jp
Attached Images

Old 08-02-2009, 11:02 AM

Siata Parts

A few more pics. Sebring Photos courtesy of Dick Irish.
Jp
Attached Images

Old 09-14-2009, 10:41 AM

And it are prepared again Pair of parts.

Und es sind wieder Paar Teile vorbereitet.
Attached Images

Old 09-18-2009, 09:12 AM

What signifies the red mark on the gear? What is that for numbers 20x26?

Was bedeutet die rote Markierung auf dem Getriebe? Was ist das für Nummern 20x26 ?
Attached Images

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.