Do you believe in "global warming?" - Page 120 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 05-02-2012, 11:51 AM

Missed our chance to call in with questions on the subject. Warming that is.

Global Warming the Rest of the Story Lisa Michaels For US Congress

Last edited by RC Hiatt; 05-02-2012 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Guess I'm too late, it was last week.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2012, 01:03 PM

ok, guys....CO2 is not an issue. The real, most prevelant geenhouse gas in the atmosphere is water vapor. Man made global warming is a hoax. The science backing it is not only flawed, but fabricated and misconstrued. Watch this funny video on global warming for dummies:

The Global Warming Hoax Explained for Dummies - YouTube

Publio
Old 06-01-2012, 01:10 PM

RAndy, I see you mentioned critical thinking. I am somewhat of a critical thinker and enjoy such reading. However, reading back through your arguments I don't see good examples of critical thinking. Just my 2 cents.
Old 06-02-2012, 05:03 AM
Alfa Romeo 4c Worshiper!
Gold Subscriber

OK, here's a real simple question: how is basing our entire civilization upon an ever-diminishing energy source, fossil fuels, sustainable? I THINK it is not. If you disagree, please explain how it possibly can be sustainable.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-02-2012, 05:24 AM

Weather forecast for London:

Sunday June 4th - Max Temp 10C
Monday June 5th - Max Temp 11C

and it's only a few days before the nights start drawing in!

We have also had the coldest April for years and in 2009/10 & 2010/11 two of the coldest winters on record.
Old 06-02-2012, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyleepublic View Post
OK, here's a real simple question: how is basing our entire civilization upon an ever-diminishing energy source, fossil fuels, sustainable? I THINK it is not. If you disagree, please explain how it possibly can be sustainable.
Randy, a critical thinker would realize that is not a simple question.

Greg
Old 06-02-2012, 08:00 AM
Director BC Chapter SNO
Platinum Subscriber

Quote:
Randy

As I've noted before, in 1865 England's leading economist had a personal revelation that the world was about to run out of coal. He supported the notion with extensive calculations of reserves down to a mineable depth of 4,000 feet.

He was very concerned that as the coal, which was the main energy source, ran out civilization would collapse back to a "subsistence" level.

His book "The Coal Question" was published in 1865 and included the advice that it took a certain intellect to understand the issue and that it was almost a religious experience.

This is included in a piece I published in 2008. It can be Googled as "Intellectual Hysteria".

Since then the revolution in tapping into oil and gas shales is developing an extraordinary increase in energy reserves. Problem is that maniacal governments still want to push uneconomic concepts about wind turbines and solar cells.

On the later compulsion about "sustainability", relief is in sight. Governments, most everywhere have reached the limit of wealth confiscation via taxation and currency depreciation. The public is becoming aware that governments have run out of money in promoting uneconomic interventions.

In so many words, "sustainable" politics has become unsustainable economics.

The madness of government inspired nightmares is coming to an end.

1962 Giulietta Spider: Grafite Grigio/Red Interior, "Tuned" 2L. [Sold June 2014]
1963 101.12 Giulia Sprint: Dark Blue ,"Tuned" 2 L. [Sold June 2014]
1967 Giulia Super: Red/Black Interior,"Tuned" 2 L. Added in June, 2013.
Old 06-02-2012, 09:55 AM

Until they come up with the next "panic"....

Conservatives-we work hard, so you don't have to !
Old 06-02-2012, 10:12 AM

I saw on tv yesterday that the Navy was suspending some operations near Alaska due to severe ice. Didn't catch all of that story, but here is another good one on the same subject: Global Warming | Icy Seas
Old 06-02-2012, 10:33 AM
Platinum Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Hiatt View Post
I saw on tv yesterday that the Navy was suspending some operations near Alaska due to severe ice. Didn't catch all of that story, but here is another good one on the same subject: Global Warming | Icy Seas
Maybe this will be the problem when the ice melts?

Click here: Amazing Photos Of Uzbekistan's Desert Ship Graveyard | Gadling.com

http://www.gadling.com/2012/05/31/am...6pLid%3D166422
http://www.aroc-usa.org/
My Maintenance Sticky: http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/164-...ance-tips.html

Daily drivers: USA models - 91 164L w/AT "Black Beauty I" ALFA4ME; 91 164S Black Beauty II ALFALFA

SOLD MY91 "Bianco" 164B 5-speed [My Originale], ALFISTO Movin On!
Also gone are Old Blue 91 164L, Rosso1 93 164L, Rosso2 91 164S; QS2 164L

Daughter's current ride: Her Granddads 2002 Ford Taurus

Current Car hauler and Parts chaser : 2000 Dodge Ram PU 5.2L V-8

"A day without an Alfa whine is like a day without sunshine"
Old 06-07-2012, 09:46 AM
Director BC Chapter SNO
Platinum Subscriber

Question Running Out Of Energy

Not this year.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/christop...nov-shale-oil/

1962 Giulietta Spider: Grafite Grigio/Red Interior, "Tuned" 2L. [Sold June 2014]
1963 101.12 Giulia Sprint: Dark Blue ,"Tuned" 2 L. [Sold June 2014]
1967 Giulia Super: Red/Black Interior,"Tuned" 2 L. Added in June, 2013.

Last edited by Subtle; 06-07-2012 at 09:49 AM.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:22 PM

Interesting data study: Home
Since governments are such known sources of corruption, you can take part on your own dime, no grants or funding expected! About
What a novel new idea, removing the problem with science.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:37 PM
Alfa Romeo 4c Worshiper!
Gold Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subtle View Post
Why do some people think that if they take an idea, strip away all of the original idea's context, structure, and content, and then take what is left as if it was somehow magically the same as the original idea and show that the stripped and corroded shell of an idea is false, they have somehow demonstrated that the original idea is false? Why?

Can someone enlighten me as to this aspect of human psychology? To me it seems self destructive, for the person who does this must at some level believe the lie he or she constructs. Once one starts believing one's own lies one is doomed.

"HAVE another cookie!!" - Don Corrado Prizzi

Randy's Italian Lot:
1978 Sport Sedan - "Cecilia", a rustfree Alfetta
1990 Mondial T Cabrio - Engine major service, climate control overhaul, and interior tune up still to go - Short is on it!!
1958 Giullietta Sprint. "G.Sprint" No holds barred. 3.0 Liter 12 Valve V6 and Verde transaxle just to get warmed up!
1976 Alfetta GT. Twin 45 Dellortos. Alfetta maintainence drug while Cecilla gets restored.
1978 Alfetta GT. Ex Keith Martin, and getting a nice set of Euro Bumpers along with the rest of the good parts off the '76.
ON HOLD 196x Lancia Flaminia Sedan - name and the rest TBD.

Ex:
79 Spt Sdn. "Griswold" and never-driven '74 Spider sold to Harry Riley
74 Spider "Isabel" traded for "Cecilia" Thanks Ric!
(Look at Isabel now: http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/spid...tml#post565887 !!)
1979 Sport Sedan Alfamatic. Traded to Wilbur for a very sweet bicycle - thanks!
All the parts cars chopped up or sent to Larry...
Old 06-22-2012, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Can someone enlighten me
I think I can Randy! A gent passed this to me at a rest area as we admired each others bumper stickers, but I think you need it more than I do.
Attached Images

Old 06-22-2012, 08:09 PM
Alfa Romeo 4c Worshiper!
Gold Subscriber

Your "flashlight" is about as close to a real flashlight as the idea that Bob refutes is to my thesis about the trouble we are facing with energy. Oh wait, I get it. You take something stupid, write "Democrat" on it, and that proves that Democrats are stupid. Logic 101. Forgive me, I'm a little rusty.

BTW, for the record, I am not a Democrat. I am not a Republican either, although I did register as one the last time I voted, but that was only so that I could vote for Ron Paul in the primary.

Not, again for the record, that I think that Paul is very smart, but at least he is not bought and paid for like 99% of the rest of the Republicans and Democrats, so he certainly would bring some fresh air to the fetid swamp of politics as usual.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.