What watch is on your wrist? - Page 5 - Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums

Old 04-22-2005, 04:46 AM

Send a message via AIM to ALFA Abnormale
Ok, so I don't have a Rolex or even anything with physical "hands", but does anyone else have a watch with tide charts for hundreds of international locations pre-programmed into it? Very handy if you want to take your Alfa surfing.
Attached Images

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2005, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALFA Abnormale
Ok, so I don't have a Rolex or even anything with physical "hands", but does anyone else have a watch with tide charts for hundreds of international locations pre-programmed into it? Very handy if you want to take your Alfa surfing.
Hope it comes with built in angle grinder to cut just out of your ALFA after spending the Summer surfing your alfa.
1970 1750 GTV s2, Verde Olivo Metallica (AR213)
2005 Holden Rodeo LT Crew Cab, Fox Fire Red

{Oo==V==oO}

Previously owned
1983 Ford Laser KB, Beige
1985 Volvo 360 GLT Dark Mettalic Blue
1970 GT Junior stepnose Resprayed Red, Giallo Ochre
1923 Amilcar Sports, rusty
I may only own two ALFAs now, but the handle stays as I am always chasing another one.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-22-2005, 01:42 PM

Send a message via AIM to ALFA Abnormale
Of course it does. And it's got a built in hammerhead too smash out the windows of cars that sink.
Old 06-14-2005, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell
Yes, the Tudor is mechanical. It's made by Rolex, all their watches are mechanical. I work at an observatory so have very acurate clocks for
reference when I adjust my watches.
Only the case, and bracelet are made by rolex. The movement is an ETA
Old 06-14-2005, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbonatto
Only the case, and bracelet are made by rolex. The movement is an ETA
Sorry Kjell, i forgot you are a TZ regular, you already know what i mentioned before. It's been a while since i got kicked out for good.
Old 06-14-2005, 11:15 PM

LOL!!

Same watch here!!!

I drive to work before sunrise and get off work after sunset, I have to put the watch by the window during daytime once in a while to get it charged!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekGTV

Citizen Nighthawk
Old 06-14-2005, 11:26 PM

Not correct, Quarts R-lex

Hi Crew
By law R-lex is a reg trade mark and thay enforce it!
Rol-x indeed made a Quarts watch! It is a very nice movment with waves and turned and polished egdes.
I ama Materwatch maker and have serviced a lot of them. There Called The Oyster Quarts
The movement in yours the E.T.A. is a 2824- It beats @ 28,000, 4 Hz per second 4 beats per sec.
The photos are some history for you guys some rare Master split timer and other nice time works.
PSB Accutime
Attached Images

Old 06-15-2005, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSB
Hi Crew
By law R-lex is a reg trade mark and thay enforce it!
Rol-x indeed made a Quarts watch! It is a very nice movment with waves and turned and polished egdes.
I ama Materwatch maker and have serviced a lot of them. There Called The Oyster Quarts
The movement in yours the E.T.A. is a 2824- It beats @ 28,000, 4 Hz per second 4 beats per sec.
The photos are some history for you guys some rare Master split timer and other nice time works.
PSB Accutime
An OQ will definatelly be my next purchase. The movement is just beautiful. They are very "cheap" too. Maybe they'll be the next orange hand explorer....
Old 06-15-2005, 09:08 AM

After reading my post there is a little error. the 4Hz on a 2824 28,800 Not 28,000. No Biggie.
I am alittle out on buying watchs as per modern cost. Is the OQ under $1000.00 yet?
Glad you have seen one . I am Not a R-lex guy unless Chronographs, But there Quarts is 1 of the best ever made for a Battery watch.
Old 06-15-2005, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSB
After reading my post there is a little error. the 4Hz on a 2824 28,800 Not 28,000. No Biggie.
I am alittle out on buying watchs as per modern cost. Is the OQ under $1000.00 yet?
Glad you have seen one . I am Not a R-lex guy unless Chronographs, But there Quarts is 1 of the best ever made for a Battery watch.
You can find them a bit beaqt up at about 800-900 if you are lucky. 1000-1300 you can find some very decent SS models and the ocasional ss/14kt.
Old 06-15-2005, 09:15 AM

Thank you , I did not know that. And beat up is not a problem the case and bands refinsh nice.
Thanks again
Peter
Old 06-15-2005, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSB
Thank you , I did not know that. And beat up is not a problem the case and bands refinsh nice.
Thanks again
Peter
Ebay is actually a very good source for them
Old 06-15-2005, 10:00 AM

Chronos on the dashboard make me happy.

I really would love to get a neat old dashmount stopwatch, but its one of those things I dont feel qualified to even consider.

How should someone educate themselves about vintage stopwatches - how is the market - ebay usually has some stuff, but its ebay...
Old 06-15-2005, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcheney
Chronos on the dashboard make me happy.

I really would love to get a neat old dashmount stopwatch, but its one of those things I dont feel qualified to even consider.

How should someone educate themselves about vintage stopwatches - how is the market - ebay usually has some stuff, but its ebay...
There's alot of mechanical watches out there. You need to keep a few things in mind. Any basic, non complicated, stainless steel watch over 300 dollars is usually purely jewlery. Vintage stopwatches are a bit different. You have quite a few things to consider, age, quality of build, reputation of brand......Heur i know made some very nice stuff. Go to timezone.com for more info on various brands, ask around about stopwatches and see your responses. Good luck
Old 06-19-2005, 06:22 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to silverquad
I'll take pics later, but here is what i wear; Rolex Gold oyster; Silver cartier; tag; seiko; BMW memory stick watch;Swatch Dive watch.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Alfa Romeo Bulletin Board & Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.